Life Time Fitness
www.lifetimefitness.com Chanhassen, MN 5000+ Employees

Potential to be an awesome place

Corporate Office (Current Employee)
Chanhassen, MN

ProsFree membership, low formality culture at corporate office, fun people (most of the time). Great place to get a ton of experience because they run a LEAN team. Fast paced culture means you'll never get bored. Great place to learn as much as you want about your personal health and fitness with tons of great and knowledgeable people!

ConsNo work/life balance or respect for employees. When you meet a goal, all they expect is more. It never seems to be good enough. Feels like a "boys club" a lot of the time with senior management... you really feel the glass ceiling here.

I feel like i'm always connected to work- at home I feel like i have to check my email at all hours in case a senior leader needs something. At times it feels like i'm working with jr-high age people. If you don't like profanity, you may get easily offended.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease value your employees. We know members are #1, but if employees aren't valued, we can't make it the best experience for our members. Employees are NOT just at your disposal. It does matter when we lose employees because of turnover costs.

There is no place to pursue your dreams like Life Time Fitness!

General Manager (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Life Time Fitness is the right fit for me because they truly let you determine your career path. Although my tenor with the company… Cons: Work life balance is VERY hard to achieve, even when you are on PTOyou are never really off. Also,when you… Advice to Senior Management: Our innovation is non-stop which is inspiring and overwhleming at… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Life Time Fitness

Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Energetic environment for people that like change and can give a lot of advancement opportunities. … Cons: Life Time is always trying to get better, which means there are new initiatives launching constantly. … Advice to Senior Management: Be careful with how much is rolling out to the clubs from the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Life Time Fitness CEO Bahram Akradi. All reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees.