Potential to be an awesome place

Current Employee - Corporate Office  in  Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Corporate Office in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free membership, low formality culture at corporate office, fun people (most of the time). Great place to get a ton of experience because they run a LEAN team. Fast paced culture means you'll never get bored. Great place to learn as much as you want about your personal health and fitness with tons of great and knowledgeable people!

Cons

No work/life balance or respect for employees. When you meet a goal, all they expect is more. It never seems to be good enough. Feels like a "boys club" a lot of the time with senior management... you really feel the glass ceiling here.

I feel like i'm always connected to work- at home I feel like i have to check my email at all hours in case a senior leader needs something. At times it feels like i'm working with jr-high age people. If you don't like profanity, you may get easily offended.

Please value your employees. We know members are #1, but if employees aren't valued, we can't make it the best experience for our members. Employees are NOT just at your disposal. It does matter when we lose employees because of turnover costs.

Other Reviews for Life Time Fitness

Very average.

Former Employee - Front Desk  in  Centreville, VA
    Former Employee - Front Desk in Centreville, VA

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Benefits. Free membership. Great facility.

Cons

Pay wasnt equal to amount of work assigned. Personally, i thought management support was very inadequate.

Get a jump on making the employees experience as enjoyable/bearable as the clients'. Scheduling needs major adjustments - current system is broken and very inefficient.

Growing Opportunities with a Growing Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

You can create a great long term career here. This culture rewards performance and mission focus so if you value these things this can be a great place to work. I enjoy the company becasue we make a positive impact on the coummunity we serve by offering a great place with dedicated people.

Cons

If you do not value a performance culture then Life Time will not be a good fit for you. The culture fit at Life Time is not for everyone.

Create strong succession planning so I know where I am going.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!