There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Worst company. This review is for Corporate Headquarters

Former Employee - Advertising  in  Chanhassen, MN
Former Employee - Advertising in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros

* They hire young people (cheaper) which makes for a fun office environment most of the time.
* Great creative portfolio builder because of the amount of work you churn through.

Cons

* Work/Life balance is not valued even though they claim to hold it to high regard.
* The CEO is a total creep. Watch out ladies. I mean it. That also goes for most of upper management and his "right hand men". And I say men because of the next bullet:
* Male-dominated atmosphere with a touch of egotistical, chauvinistic, hot-headedness, and sexual harassment thrown in just for fun.
* You can't trust them. I got a new job and my old boss at Life Time called their New York headquarters to say nasty things about me (when I had done nothing wrong). defamation of character? Check.

Get a clue. The more you respect your employees and treat them like equals the more people will WANT to stay after hours to finish a product. Also, try not hiring jerks for upper management.

500 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

Terrible Management

Former Employee - Martial Arts Instructor  in  Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Martial Arts Instructor in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Life Time Fitness as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The salon and facility are nice.

Cons

Management broke their agreements on several occasions and did not live up to their word. It took almost 2 months to get my first pay check. I was told I would be paid both hourly and commission. After my first pay check was due, I was told that I was on the new system, which meant I would just be paid commission. Which translates to, I was shorted nearly $400 of what was originally agreed upon. They told me that 50% of the students were leaving, but 90% of the students left. I was expected to rebuild and entire Martial Arts program from scratch and compensated sometimes only $4 an hour. After taking my concerns to the General Manager, management still refused to put any of our agreements in writing. I even spent several hours at the gym teaching for free. In the time that I was there, I doubled the Martial Arts Program, but could not work for people I could not trust and who made no efforts to correct their mistakes.

Live up to your agreements. Be honest. Put agreements in writing.

Member Advisor

Former Employee - Member Advisor  in  Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Member Advisor in Memphis, TN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay.
    Fun environment.
    Free membership.
    Nice people/members.
    Good start out of college.

Cons

50-60 hours a week if you want to get paid well.
    They want a ton of sales and you to retain everyone. They don't like when you sign up bad quality members who will leave, but when you turn some people away, they get mad. It is a no win situation and if you want the life sucked out of you, work here. There is also no respect for their employees.

Take care of your employees, motivate them when they have a rough week, don't get mad at them.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!