Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com
  www.lifetimefitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Not bad but opted not to take position

Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There is a high need for dietitians and the staff seems really nice. With this need there are seemingly plenty of potential referral opportunities from the large personal training staff. Another "pro" is that the company seems to promote fairly quickly to higher levels of the company.

Cons

This position is 100% commission. I thought there may be a base salary but there is not. If you are not counseling someone then you are making no money at all. You receive a commission off of referrals, supplements and lab testing. You are expected to walk the floors and attain clients by asking them to seek you or they see you and are inspired to inquire about your services. Once client attained you provide a percentage of your earnings to the company. The longer you are with the company the more you get to keep for yourself and the less Life Time keeps.

If you want more dietitians you Have to pay us a base salary. The education required for personal training is not comparable to that of a registered dietitian and therefore you cannot offer us the same "deal." If you do not change this you will always have a lot of unfilled dietitian positions.

586 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

Great Energy and people with great products and services.

Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work because you are working with like minded people. Ex athletes, health and fitness pros. There is a lot of satisfaction in helping people.

Cons

benefits and commission based salary. You make your money off of sales. If you have a slow month you feel it in your paycheck. Benefits are weak. The insurance and 401K matching in sub par in my opinion.

None

Good for work out, difficult for career

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (less than an year)

Pros

membership
    great clients- surrounded by the elite members of your community
    great 'team' feeling with other employees
    beautiful work environment
    great good food at the cafe
    free childcare while you work out
    great programs and department design (club within a club)

Cons

must meet goals or else you will be fired
    management only cares about the bottom line, meeting goals, they will even manipulate to get you fired in order to save their own jobs
    PAY, very low
    What they say as far as values go, sounds good, but they dont live up to it

Listen to your employees!! There are platforms designed to protect you, but they are not being followed up on. I was discriminated against and followed it up to HR and nothing was done. I lost my job in the end. I was very sad to lose my clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness