Life Time Fitness
www.lifetimefitness.com Chanhassen, MN 5000+ Employees

Not bad but opted not to take position

Dietitian (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time for less than a year

ProsThere is a high need for dietitians and the staff seems really nice. With this need there are seemingly plenty of potential referral opportunities from the large personal training staff. Another "pro" is that the company seems to promote fairly quickly to higher levels of the company.

ConsThis position is 100% commission. I thought there may be a base salary but there is not. If you are not counseling someone then you are making no money at all. You receive a commission off of referrals, supplements and lab testing. You are expected to walk the floors and attain clients by asking them to seek you or they see you and are inspired to inquire about your services. Once client attained you provide a percentage of your earnings to the company. The longer you are with the company the more you get to keep for yourself and the less Life Time keeps.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want more dietitians you Have to pay us a base salary. The education required for personal training is not comparable to that of a registered dietitian and therefore you cannot offer us the same "deal." If you do not change this you will always have a lot of unfilled dietitian positions.

Great Energy and people with great products and services.

Assistant Department Head (Current Employee)
Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: It is a great place to work because you are working with like minded people. … Cons: benefits and commission based salary. You make your money off of sales. If you have a slow month you… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good for work out, difficult for career

Hair Stylist (Former Employee)
Columbia, MD

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros: membership great clients- surrounded by the elite members of your community great 'team' feeling with other employees beautiful work environment great… Cons: must meet goals or else you will be fired management only cares about the bottom line, meeting goals, they will even manipulate to get you fired… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees!! There are platforms designed to protect you, but they are not being followed up on. I was discriminated against… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Life Time Fitness CEO Bahram Akradi. All reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees.