There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

I mean, it's all right.

Former Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Warrenville, IL
Former Employee - Member Engagement Advisor in Warrenville, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

If you're into 100% commission and they get you to drink enough of the kool-aid it's not a bad time. If you really do the math and don't get sucked into the rah-rah atmosphere things look a little different. There's an opportunity to do well if you never leave the club.

Cons

I don't even know where to start. Young inexperienced managers. Extremely cut throat. Integrity isn't exactly rewarded. 60-70 hour weeks. They send you to a certification at the corporate office to start that covers the basics, but good luck if you have any questions when you get back the club. That may just be my experience but getting someone to teach you the little things at the beginning is like pulling teeth. When I finally got rolling and became good at what I did I started to realize how terrible everyone I worked with was. Get ready to watch your back and protect your money. I made the mistake of being the nice guy and being a team player in the beginning. The gesture was not returned. People get pretty weird on a 100 percent commission. Especially in a shared territory. I couldn't take a day off without someone stealing my business, while getting the scraps because I was the new guy. The membership advisors pull the weight of the club and bring in 80% of the revenue, yet they're still seen as the lackies. I'd honestly like to forget the experience all together. Looking back now is almost giving me a migraine. Extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Management

Don't be a scumbag.

reviews filtered by

Glad that's over with...

Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX
    Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facilities; met some great members and some nice co-workers.

Cons

Overall sense of dour attitudes of employees; few smiles or eye contact when passing by.
    Low pay; If you want to hire and retain quality coaches, you must pay them accordingly, or they will not stay very long.
    Constant Intranet assessment testing and training (many of them were an insult to my intelligence).
    Poor DH leadership skills; poor communicative skills.
    High turnover rate.
    My DH showed up at our club once per week--he was DH at 2 separate clubs, hence a chaotic/dysfunctional working atmosphere; poor programming; he played one against the other-behind the back criticism; the other club he DH'd at he only worked for 9-2PM.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize quality, credentialed employees and pay them or you'll always be stuck with a
    mediocre staff.

Good for work out, difficult for career

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (less than a year)

Pros

membership
    great clients- surrounded by the elite members of your community
    great 'team' feeling with other employees
    beautiful work environment
    great good food at the cafe
    free childcare while you work out
    great programs and department design (club within a club)

Cons

must meet goals or else you will be fired
    management only cares about the bottom line, meeting goals, they will even manipulate to get you fired in order to save their own jobs
    PAY, very low
    What they say as far as values go, sounds good, but they dont live up to it

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!! There are platforms designed to protect you, but they are not being followed up on. I was discriminated against and followed it up to HR and nothing was done. I lost my job in the end. I was very sad to lose my clients.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness