Life Time Fitness
www.lifetimefitness.com Chanhassen, MN 5000+ Employees

I mean, it's all right.

Member Engagement Advisor (Former Employee)
Warrenville, IL

ProsIf you're into 100% commission and they get you to drink enough of the kool-aid it's not a bad time. If you really do the math and don't get sucked into the rah-rah atmosphere things look a little different. There's an opportunity to do well if you never leave the club.

ConsI don't even know where to start. Young inexperienced managers. Extremely cut throat. Integrity isn't exactly rewarded. 60-70 hour weeks. They send you to a certification at the corporate office to start that covers the basics, but good luck if you have any questions when you get back the club. That may just be my experience but getting someone to teach you the little things at the beginning is like pulling teeth. When I finally got rolling and became good at what I did I started to realize how terrible everyone I worked with was. Get ready to watch your back and protect your money. I made the mistake of being the nice guy and being a team player in the beginning. The gesture was not returned. People get pretty weird on a 100 percent commission. Especially in a shared territory. I couldn't take a day off without someone stealing my business, while getting the scraps because I was the new guy. The membership advisors pull the weight of the club and bring in 80% of the revenue, yet they're still seen as the lackies. I'd honestly like to forget the experience all together. Looking back now is almost giving me a migraine. Extremely unprofessional.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be a scumbag.

Be prepared for lonnnnnng work weeks

Member Advisor (Former Employee)
    Vernon Hills, IL

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros: free membership interesting coworkers meet lots of new people Cons: 50-70 hr work weeks low pay RUDE upper management Advice to Senior Management: Quite all of the meeting!!! No one cares and you… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lifetime Fitness: Leading the health fitness facility industry

Facility Operations Team Member (Former Employee)
    Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for less than a year

Pros: Very cutting edge facilities Facilities incorporate everything that an individual… Cons: Very large atmosphere could be detering Advice to Senior Management: Have more incentives for employees in every role Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Life Time Fitness CEO Bahram Akradi. All reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees.