Glad that's over with...

Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX
Former Employee - Tennis Pro in Colleyville, TX

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Beautiful facilities; met some great members and some nice co-workers.

Cons

Overall sense of dour attitudes of employees; few smiles or eye contact when passing by.
Low pay; If you want to hire and retain quality coaches, you must pay them accordingly, or they will not stay very long.
Constant Intranet assessment testing and training (many of them were an insult to my intelligence).
Poor DH leadership skills; poor communicative skills.
High turnover rate.
My DH showed up at our club once per week--he was DH at 2 separate clubs, hence a chaotic/dysfunctional working atmosphere; poor programming; he played one against the other-behind the back criticism; the other club he DH'd at he only worked for 9-2PM.

Advice to Management

Learn to recognize quality, credentialed employees and pay them or you'll always be stuck with a
mediocre staff.

reviews filtered by

Not bad but opted not to take position

Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Dietitian in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is a high need for dietitians and the staff seems really nice. With this need there are seemingly plenty of potential referral opportunities from the large personal training staff. Another "pro" is that the company seems to promote fairly quickly to higher levels of the company.

Cons

This position is 100% commission. I thought there may be a base salary but there is not. If you are not counseling someone then you are making no money at all. You receive a commission off of referrals, supplements and lab testing. You are expected to walk the floors and attain clients by asking them to seek you or they see you and are inspired to inquire about your services. Once client attained you provide a percentage of your earnings to the company. The longer you are with the company the more you get to keep for yourself and the less Life Time keeps.

Advice to Management

If you want more dietitians you Have to pay us a base salary. The education required for personal training is not comparable to that of a registered dietitian and therefore you cannot offer us the same "deal." If you do not change this you will always have a lot of unfilled dietitian positions.

Good for work out, difficult for career

Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Hair Stylist in Columbia, MD

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

membership
    great clients- surrounded by the elite members of your community
    great 'team' feeling with other employees
    beautiful work environment
    great good food at the cafe
    free childcare while you work out
    great programs and department design (club within a club)

Cons

must meet goals or else you will be fired
    management only cares about the bottom line, meeting goals, they will even manipulate to get you fired in order to save their own jobs
    PAY, very low
    What they say as far as values go, sounds good, but they dont live up to it

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees!! There are platforms designed to protect you, but they are not being followed up on. I was discriminated against and followed it up to HR and nothing was done. I lost my job in the end. I was very sad to lose my clients.