Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com
  www.lifetimefitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Overall it was a great experience , good people ( members )

Current Employee - Facility Operation Department Head in Canton, MI
Current Employee - Facility Operation Department Head in Canton, MI

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is no other Fitness club out there that offers the programs
Or have the faculties that Lifetime has !

Cons

The pay and benefits are horrible ! There is no Career Planning for people that want to progress with the company . The training program needs a lot of work ! You basically learn on your on .

You have a goal mind ! Develope people !

589 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

What we find in the Laundry Room!!

Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Laundry in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lost and Found Clothing
    Pay
    Benefits
    Laundry Room
    Machines

Cons

None
    Nothing I can think of!

You don't need to update anything because it's all good! Since I work for the Laundry room, I go into the Women's Locker Room and get the wet/dirty towels. Every single day I find different articles of clothing left in the locker room. Everyday I find: winter jackets, swim wear such as 1 piece swimsuits and 2 piece bikini swimsuits, pants, shirts, hats, and more. When we find any article of clothing we're required to bring it to the Laundry Room and immediate deposit it into the washing machine. After everything is done in the washing machine we throw it in the dryer for a few hours on high heat. Lot's of people come about 30 minutes later after we picked up their clothing and think they can get it back immediately but aren't able to until we process the item (which means iron the item). I have had a lot of teenage girls coming to me because they say they put (either) their winter jacket or swim suit by the sinks while they're in the shower. I explain to them everyday that they have to put the clothing in the locker while they're in the shower because it's automatically taken when it's by the sinks. There have been a few occasions where people throw a lost swimsuit or winter jacket in the towel hamper too and we discover that in the laundry room. If the lost clothing isn't claimed the day it was originally taken, we have to launder it again the next day for 30 days...then Goodwill comes and picks everything up. I have seen a lot of teenage girls drying their 2 piece bikini swimsuits with the hair dryers and find that weird.

Great Energy and people with great products and services.

Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL
    Current Employee - Assistant Department Head in Warrenville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is a great place to work because you are working with like minded people. Ex athletes, health and fitness pros. There is a lot of satisfaction in helping people.

Cons

benefits and commission based salary. You make your money off of sales. If you have a slow month you feel it in your paycheck. Benefits are weak. The insurance and 401K matching in sub par in my opinion.

None