Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com
There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Great place to gain experience and then move on

Former Employee - Member Advisor
Former Employee - Member Advisor

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time

Pros

Amazing facilities, great fitness knowledge, engaged clients, promote quickly with in

Cons

poor benefits and commission structure, management always changing,

Reward your employees for their hard work, higher bonuses and more flexibility

623 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

A CON of a company

Current Employee - Sous Chef/Supervisor/Team Member
    Current Employee - Sous Chef/Supervisor/Team Member

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Has a great IDEA towards having an impact on America's health crisis. The concept of the "healthy way of life" is well thought out

Cons

Employees are treated like mules and paid meager scraps despite education, experience, or talent. When I was hired I was promised a promotion within two months given my degree, work experience and Lifetime's desire NOT to have me go elsewhere. Since then management has changed hands multiple times and I've been given the run around about "why my promotion can not be put through yet" for a total of 8 1/2 MONTHS!!!! I currently take on the responsibility and work load of a sous chef AND supervisor but I STILL get paid as a team member! This whole company is run by business morrons that only care about the money (though they are missing out on million dollar concepts and follow through) and holding on to manager puppets of mediocre intelligence at best!

If you claim to have the "BEST PEOPLE" then you need to front the money to support QUALITY employees. If you claim to have the "BEST PROGRAMS" and "BEST PLACES" then you first NEED to actually HAVE the BEST QUALITY PEOPLE WORKING FOR THE COMPANY ON EVERY LEVEL!!!!! And on top of that you HAVE TO start treating your employees with dignity, respect, and honesty and stop with all the con work and corners being cut!

Little to no support.

Current Employee - Summer Camp Supervisor
    Current Employee - Summer Camp Supervisor

I have been working at Life Time Fitness as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Perhaps the only pro is that you get free access to their facilities. They do offer free certification classes for CPR, first aid etc. so that is convenient.

Cons

Very little support from management. Every employee seems dissatisfied by the work environment/culture in the building.

Fill key positions. Listen to your employees. Provide support where it's needed, because the meager pay you offer is not enough to encourage employees to pick up the slack.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness