There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Top notch health club with plenty of amenities that attract memberships but be ready to sell

Former Employee - Personal Trainer, Assistant Department Head, Metabolic Specialist

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

401K, stock options, health benefits, clean, top notch equipment, large membership base, clinical metabolic assessments, decent ongoing education, monies given to obtain new certifications, discounts on certifications, decent place to get a start and if you are there for an extended period of time you get to know the members and you can become quite busy

Cons

After working at LTF for 5 years there were a few things that started to annoy me. 1 as a skilled and educated personal trainer we were required to clean equipment on a daily basis and reprimanded if it was not cleaned due to having a full schedule with clients and other responsibilities. 2 constant requirement to sell and sell some more and up-sell products that I was not comfortable with. if you are a great sales person you should do fine as a trainer however members have seen a high turnover of trainers and other staff and each new staff member that comes in approaches members who have been there for years trying to sell them again services they dont want and actually become quite frustrated when you approach them. the culture in the club among members is "they only want our money". always a big push at the end of the month to put in long hours or work extra to up-sell products and services.

Create a professional customer serviced based environment. Have professional sales people sell the PT and NC through building relationships with your members and new members and let the trainers who want to train to do what their good at and that is training clients. Easy does it with your budgets and excessive goals because your staff and membership feels the pressure that is placed on the management to sell. Treat your trainers as professionals and DO NOT allow them to clean equipment as member feedback has always been to hire people who clean and that it degrades the educated fitness professionals appearance and credibility.

502 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

Lifetime Rocks

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Its a great environment to work in

Cons

Sometimes it's stressful when others don't do their job and your left cleaning everything

Front Desk

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros

Free gym membership
    Meet new people/coworkers

Cons

Your on your own with learning

Take care of people below/around you

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!