Life Time Fitness
www.lifetimefitness.com Chanhassen, MN 5000+ Employees

Top notch health club with plenty of amenities that attract memberships but be ready to sell

Personal Trainer, Assistant Department Head, Metabolic Specialist (Former Employee)

Pros401K, stock options, health benefits, clean, top notch equipment, large membership base, clinical metabolic assessments, decent ongoing education, monies given to obtain new certifications, discounts on certifications, decent place to get a start and if you are there for an extended period of time you get to know the members and you can become quite busy

ConsAfter working at LTF for 5 years there were a few things that started to annoy me. 1 as a skilled and educated personal trainer we were required to clean equipment on a daily basis and reprimanded if it was not cleaned due to having a full schedule with clients and other responsibilities. 2 constant requirement to sell and sell some more and up-sell products that I was not comfortable with. if you are a great sales person you should do fine as a trainer however members have seen a high turnover of trainers and other staff and each new staff member that comes in approaches members who have been there for years trying to sell them again services they dont want and actually become quite frustrated when you approach them. the culture in the club among members is "they only want our money". always a big push at the end of the month to put in long hours or work extra to up-sell products and services.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a professional customer serviced based environment. Have professional sales people sell the PT and NC through building relationships with your members and new members and let the trainers who want to train to do what their good at and that is training clients. Easy does it with your budgets and excessive goals because your staff and membership feels the pressure that is placed on the management to sell. Treat your trainers as professionals and DO NOT allow them to clean equipment as member feedback has always been to hire people who clean and that it degrades the educated fitness professionals appearance and credibility.

Lifetime Rocks

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros: Its a great environment to work in Cons: Sometimes it's stressful when others don't do their job and… More

Expect the best- pay the worst

Child Center Supervisor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time for more than a year

Pros: The other employees, free membership, 25% discount on all Lifetime products/services. I… Cons: The pay is terrible! If you are promoted in the child center to supervisor, you only make $0.50 more an hour. Really? … Advice to Senior Management: Think about what it takes to have high quality employees. And not only to have them on staff- to keep them as employees. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Life Time Fitness reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Life Time Fitness CEO Bahram Akradi. All reviews posted anonymously by Life Time Fitness employees.