There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Top notch health club with plenty of amenities that attract memberships but be ready to sell

Former Employee - Personal Trainer, Assistant Department Head, Metabolic Specialist

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

401K, stock options, health benefits, clean, top notch equipment, large membership base, clinical metabolic assessments, decent ongoing education, monies given to obtain new certifications, discounts on certifications, decent place to get a start and if you are there for an extended period of time you get to know the members and you can become quite busy

Cons

After working at LTF for 5 years there were a few things that started to annoy me. 1 as a skilled and educated personal trainer we were required to clean equipment on a daily basis and reprimanded if it was not cleaned due to having a full schedule with clients and other responsibilities. 2 constant requirement to sell and sell some more and up-sell products that I was not comfortable with. if you are a great sales person you should do fine as a trainer however members have seen a high turnover of trainers and other staff and each new staff member that comes in approaches members who have been there for years trying to sell them again services they dont want and actually become quite frustrated when you approach them. the culture in the club among members is "they only want our money". always a big push at the end of the month to put in long hours or work extra to up-sell products and services.

Advice to Management

Create a professional customer serviced based environment. Have professional sales people sell the PT and NC through building relationships with your members and new members and let the trainers who want to train to do what their good at and that is training clients. Easy does it with your budgets and excessive goals because your staff and membership feels the pressure that is placed on the management to sell. Treat your trainers as professionals and DO NOT allow them to clean equipment as member feedback has always been to hire people who clean and that it degrades the educated fitness professionals appearance and credibility.

Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness

1. Lifetime Rocks

Pros

Its a great environment to work in

Cons

Sometimes it's stressful when others don't do their job and your left cleaning everything

2. Expect the best- pay the worst

Current Employee - Child Center Supervisor
    Current Employee - Child Center Supervisor

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other employees, free membership, 25% discount on all Lifetime products/services. I can bring my kids to work with me in the child center.

Cons

The pay is terrible! If you are promoted in the child center to supervisor, you only make $0.50 more an hour. Really? That's nothing. This company expects the "best people, best places and best programs," but they pay as little as they can. They want us to promote their events and volunteer to help out at the events. There is no incentive to work harder or try to stand out in your department. There is no thanks, no appreciation, no benefit to excel in your job. I only work here to bring in a little extra money for my family. I have little kids and I don't want to pay for daycare.

Advice to Management

Think about what it takes to have high quality employees. And not only to have them on staff- to keep them as employees. How can you expect us to be 'the best' and promote 'the Lifetime brand' when you pay us so little. I would not recommend anyone to work here because of the pay and I would never tell anyone what I make at Lifetime due to embarrassment. I have a college degree and a lot of experience working with children. This is an appropriate job for high school kids.