Life Time Fitness

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

child center

Current Employee - Child Center Supervisor in Chanhassen, MN
Current Employee - Child Center Supervisor in Chanhassen, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

get a free membership, fun job, like working with the kids, can be creative

Cons

there is little opportunity to move up in lifetime, and nearly impossible to get raises, hard to get time off.

568 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

Best People, Best Programs, Best Places -- Worst Pay

Current Employee - Overnight Facility Operations Supervisor in Maple Grove, MN
    Current Employee - Overnight Facility Operations Supervisor in Maple Grove, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free gym membership * Flexible Schedule * Nice Co-Workers

Cons

No holiday pay for Operations Employees at Maple Grove Facility * No break room available to employees * Operations employees paid under the Federal Poverty Guideline * Training is irrelevant to the tasks performed * Department Heads at each facility receive $3600.00 quarterly bonuses if they understaff and undercut supplies for their teams by 15% of their monthly budget. * Pressured by Corporate and Management to pay the company $20.00 of one's own money and volunteer New Year's Day (or work without additional holiday pay/compensation at one's home facility) for a 5k run/member drive.

If Management wants 5-Star facilities, it's only fair to pay 5-Star wages. When comparing to other companies with similar business models, Life Time is far below the median wage by at least $3.00/hr. But Life Time is making money, so they are doing something right for upper management's wallet.

Started out okay, ended poorly

Former Employee - Member Services in Beachwood, OH
    Former Employee - Member Services in Beachwood, OH

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Free membership
    Met some great people
    Got my promotion within months
    A lot of great fitness programs
    Health/Dental/Vision plans were great

Cons

Extremely low pay for a supervisor, no one in my department ever received a raise in three years because "its not in the budget"
    Was unable to take advantage of fitness programs because of low pay
    Schedule was done a full month in advance which made it hard to get a day off on short notice
    Entire team felt like upper management did not appreciate the work we did
    Poor communication between departments
    Made to clock out for breaks making hours under 40/week
    If you have to call off sick and you cannot find coverage, even if you make every effort by calling and leaving messages for everyone in the department as well as informing the manager on duty, you will get written up. Management also refused a doctors note when they didn't believe you had been sick.
    When I informed them that I was looking for jobs in Columbus to be closer to family, they decided to tell me that I was not a team player and proceeded to make my work days uncomfortable.

Appreciate and listen to your employees more
    Look into your call off policy

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness