Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com

Could be great, but needs work

(Current Employee)

Pros- It's a big company and most of the clubs have 150+ employees, which will expose you to making a lot of connections and friends with members and team members you wouldn't in any other industry or company.
- They really push you to grow in the company.
- Big budgets to spend on maintaining the club. They really care about making each club look "like new."
- Free membership (not that this isn't the norm working for any fitness club).

Cons- You may be asked to take on a more challenging role without the title and pay for months even up to a year, before you are actually ever given the title and paid for it.
- While the company spends a lot of money on making sure the clubs look polished, their payroll budgets are incredibly low. There are several management positions that pay double if you'd work for another company. Front desk is paid as much as at lower end fitness clubs and they have a lot more responsibilities and there are extremely high expectations to be the face of the company. It's a lot to ask for and that's why the turnover is so high for front end and lead team members.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind a way to pay your employees what they deserve. There are so many great team members who've left feeling used. If pay was higher for front desk they wouldn't quit every 1-3 months and we wouldn't have so many customer service issues. They can work at an ice-cream shop or video store for the same pay and a lot less responsibilities and have more fun. If you paid them $10-12 an hour they would take it more seriously even if they're young, because no one will hire them for that much anywhere else. The role would be geared towards more experienced and mature persons. Department heads shouldn't be different several times a year. By the time team members learn their role they quit, so there's a bunch of new employees who don't know what they're doing. If you want a high class club, show your members how valuable your employees are to you. They want to see the same faces year after year and hear how great employees are taken care of. Right now it looks like people are disposable. Please do some research on companies that put their employees first. I honestly love my job, but the pay is so low that I need a second job. I will probably leave the company very soon solely based on pay. It has it's problems like any other, but I feel incredibly undervalued.

Top notch health club with plenty of amenities that attract memberships but be ready to sell

Personal Trainer, Assistant Department Head, Metabolic Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 401K, stock options, health benefits, clean, top notch equipment, large membership base, clinical metabolic assessments, decent ongoing education, monies given to obtain new certifications, discounts… Cons: After working at LTF for 5 years there were a few things that started to annoy me. 1 as a skilled and educated personal trainer… Advice to Senior Management: Create a professional customer serviced based environment. Have professional sales people sell the PT and NC through building relationships with your members and new members… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

lifeguard position

I have been working at Life Time Fitness

Pros: good benefits because you get a free pass there Cons: sometimes bad management and long hours More
There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!