There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

All management cares about is sales numbers!

Former Employee - Kids Activities Team Member  in  Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Kids Activities Team Member in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

I was able to bring my children with me to work which was nice. This company promotes healthy living which is aweseome. I like their Mission and Vision Statements.

Cons

This club was formerly Lifestyle so lots of changes going on since Lifetime had just bought out. Management was also changing so everything took time before getting completed. All management cares about is numbers. The only ones I felt were important in the club were the personal trainers and sales. Not enough staffing in the Child Center. Lots of expectations for a minimum wage job.

More staffing.

508 Other Employee Reviews for Life Time Fitness (View Most Recent)

Unfortunate, because it could really be a great place to work.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chanhassen, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chanhassen, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free membership. Very "healthy" environment to work in- culture that is encouraging of healthy eating, exercise, etc. Related to that though- You will be in the (silently judged) minority of your're out of shape, overweight, drink soda, etc.

Mostly business casual dress code.

Certain positions also allotted cell phone and home internet connectivity allowance in addition to base salary, usually had access to great cutting edge technology, very satisfied with salary.

Cons

Only 10 days of PTO a year (whether it's sick or vacation), that you must use by the end of the calendar year. This does not allow for much work/life balance.

Benefits were just OK, which is a little odd considering it's a "Healthy Way of Life Company"

CEO has a temper- which I witnessed firsthand, not just going off of rumors. He is very driven, and perhaps that is the type of personality needed to be "successful" but cursing and losing your temper with employees or situations usually doesn't go over well in the long run.

His team of upper management is comprised of guys that have been by his side nodding yes since the first club was opened. For the most part, it's not horrible, but you eventually get the feeling that you either 'drink the kool aid' or you don't, and if you don't you're out.

Life Really is a Healthy Way Of Life company

Current Employee - Kids Activities Team Member  in  Romeoville, IL
    Current Employee - Kids Activities Team Member in Romeoville, IL

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time for less than a year

Pros

The free membership is great and I love to eat in the cafe!

Cons

There really aren't any. I am really enjoying learning more about the company and can't think of any cons to it.

To get to know your must valuable resource, you human capital.

There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!