There are newer employer reviews for Life Time Fitness

All management cares about is sales numbers!

Former Employee - Kids Activities Team Member in Indianapolis, IN
Former Employee - Kids Activities Team Member in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to bring my children with me to work which was nice. This company promotes healthy living which is aweseome. I like their Mission and Vision Statements.

Cons

This club was formerly Lifestyle so lots of changes going on since Lifetime had just bought out. Management was also changing so everything took time before getting completed. All management cares about is numbers. The only ones I felt were important in the club were the personal trainers and sales. Not enough staffing in the Child Center. Lots of expectations for a minimum wage job.

Advice to Management

More staffing.

reviews filtered by

Under Paid and Over Worked

Former Employee - Overnight Operations in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Overnight Operations in Detroit, MI

I worked at Life Time Fitness part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The club is really a nice facility ! The free membership is outstanding .

Cons

Its a sweat shop !Always under staffed yet they expect you to kill yourself . Never have the tool to do your job . All they care about is making money for the upper level management . There is no positive recogonition for employees . Yearly preformance reviews dont happen ! There are employee that have been working for 2 years still making minium wage .

Advice to Management

LISTEN . LISTEN , AND LISTEN TO YOUR EMPLOYEES ! Without them there will be no Lifetime !

I would put zero stars if I could.

Current Employee - Cafe Staff
    Current Employee - Cafe Staff

I have been working at Life Time Fitness part-time

Pros

Free membership (classes included)
    The coworkers on your level are usually pretty nice

Cons

They will hire whoever will work the most for the least pay. After that, they will make you so busy that you cannot manage to find the time to look for another job, all the while you are making hardly any money. If you have any sort of ethical values, do NOT get yourself into this. There are many corrupt practices and instead of actually having desire to improve the lives of their members, all they care about is increasing the number that goes into their pockets.

They do not value their employees. You are only valuable to the company if you can make them loads of money (and this is usually only in sales or PT). Don't expect your requested days off to be granted; don't expect to be congratulated on anything or thanked for any exceptional work you do. Calling in is equivalent to betrayal in your Lifetime's eyes, no matter the circumstance. Flexibility is unheard of.

Consistently, they will up your responsibilities and their expectations of you, but your pay will not be raised. What started off as a food service job will become food service, janitorial staff, and sales. It's also likely that you will not get a break, even if your shift is over 8 hours. Most of your time at work will be running around like a chicken with its head cut off, doing the work of 5 people with only 2, while management chit chats all day.

Also, the turnover rate is extremely high, understaffed departments are rampant, and when you walk past the front desk, I can guarantee that most of the employees you will see are miserable, overworked, and underpaid. And probably sick... healthy way of life? No.

Advice to Management

Take many ethics courses. Learn about what empathy is. Treat your employees well and don't act like it's okay to pay educated workers a measly dollar over minimum wage.