Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Personal Trainer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You never have an excuse to miss a workout since you work at the gym. You also get employee discounts on heart rate monitors, personal training, massage, and cafe purchases in addition to a free membership.

Cons

If you are considering working here you may as well move in because they will own your life. There is absolutely no work life balance. Everyday is about sales sales sales. They rarely promote good service but will always give props to those that sell products that members do not need. A majority of the trainers are incredibly incompetent and the management is usually young and immature without a clue of what real leadership is. The corporate office dictates everything and does not allow management to make adjustments based on its facility needs leaving employees frustrated. Management will make incredible promises regarding income that I have not seen anybody hit, and I have been there a very long time. There are often payroll errors made so you better check your paycheck often.

Advice to Management

Stop the fraternization. The CEO does not need 8 assistants to follow him around and answer his phones and do what ever else he asks.
Stop lying to employees. Several of us are smarter than you and can smell BS before it walks in the door. Get rid of the draw system. It is destroying the fitness industry.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Worst company I have ever worked for ever

Former Employee - Pilates Coordinator, Personal Trainer
    Former Employee - Pilates Coordinator, Personal Trainer

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Loved being a personal trainer and pilates coordinator, helping people out of pain and to reach their goals. Free membership for myself but not my family.

Cons

Continuing education that lifetime is trying to brand, that would have no Baring I'm the real world. Lack of communication with upper management. Discrimination if you are a female with children.

Advice to Management

Hire general managers and all management without thinking of only sales. If you knew anything about business, you would know that clients will always follow their trainers that they have built a relationship with, not stay with a company because it looks nice. Underneath their perfect buildings are many, many flaws. Most important is how they treat their employees and members.

2. Energetic atmosphere with fun coworkers.

Former Employee - Front Desk Specialist in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Front Desk Specialist in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Life Time Fitness full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved working for LIfetime for the premium access to the club(s). It felt nice to get all the most expensive membership amenities for free!

Cons

Long hours doing repetitive tasks.

Advice to Management

The company needs to have more employee appreciation events, the company treats "guests" like royalty, so extend this treatment to your employees as well!