Life Time Fitness

www.lifetimefitness.com

Best place to be a trainer in a Corporate Company

Personal Trainer (Former Employee) Tempe, AZ

ProsThe culture there is full of fun and energetic people...not to mention the superior facilities. Personal Trainer commission rates are high. The management in the PT departments is really good at providing professional growth opportunities.

ConsDuring the busy times of the year the trainers work as a team to help each others revenue out but during the slow seasons (summer through December) it cant get pretty cut throat. I even had my manager steal one of my clients. I also was charging as much as one of my managers (because my services were worth it and people were willing to pay that much) and my manager told me that I had to lower my price because it devalues his service. I thought "what about my service?" During the last 3 days of the month you are expected to work 6am to 11pm all days until you make more then $6000 in revenue (which isn't hard during the busy seasons, but can be challenging during the slow times) During those 3 days you expected to annoy the hell out of every member and sell services and items they don't need (not everyone needs a trainer!)

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure other trainers set up their business and not push the trainers to get people to "Pay In Full" (PIF)...NO MATTER WHAT! For three months in a row I was asked to PIF several big clients and it eventually screwed me over.

Great members.......

Yoga Instructor (Former Employee) Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros: The members at the club were great and it was a pleasure teaching. It is a… Cons: The management at Life Time is very challenged. There is little to no communication between department heads and instructors. There were several occasions… Advice to Senior Management: Teach better communication skills to management. It's more important than… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Lot of hours for the pay

Sales Department Head (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Life Time Fitness

Pros: Members, Energy and a clean place to workiut for free. Cons: Long work hours, no balance between personal and work life.… Advice to Senior Management: Need Management to show more empathy rather aggressive quotas No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Life Time Fitness.

Worked for Life Time Fitness? Contribute to the Community!