Life West Chiropractic College

www.lifewest.edu
  www.lifewest.edu
There are newer employer reviews for Life West Chiropractic College

They overwork you, underpay you, and you do not recieve praise for what you do.

I worked at Life West Chiropractic College

Pros

You can complain about working at Life West with other people. The students are great and they love their school. Some people are nice to work with. lots of free parking.

Cons

No real HR department. Upper managment does not give you praise at all or evaluate your work performance. pay is horrible and don't expect a raise. empty promises. there are people who work there and can not do their jobs right and get all the praise. people leave or get fired and no one is hired in their place

gove praise where praise is due.

4 Other Employee Reviews for Life West Chiropractic College (View Most Recent)

The president is a narcissist - stay away!

I have been working at Life West Chiropractic College full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The staff are great people who really care about the students, and the patients of the health center. Students are attracted to the college because it has a "family" feel.

Cons

Brian Kelly is undermining the foundation of the college. Dismissing employees over 40, to hire young, thin, white, males at a higher pay scale.
    Self-described "Visionary Leader". He's no Nelson Mandela or Martin Luther King, Jr. Think more along the lines of Jim Jones or Adolph Hitler - 'Heil Kelly!'

Value your long time employees, they have great wisdom and experience to guide the students. Pay your employees a decent salary. Top management is awarded excessive salaries, while faculty and staff receive substandard pay.
    Stop wasting money on world travel, bronze statues, chiropractic museum, rugby team and top-dollar speakers and bands for your special events.
    Stop dictating and learn to lead. Treat the students as customers, not subjects of your kingdom.

The Worst Employer of the
    20th and 21st Century

Current Employee - Faculty in Hayward, CA
    Current Employee - Faculty in Hayward, CA

I have been working at Life West Chiropractic College

Pros

The best and probably only reason to work at Life West is if you like working with students who are excited about chiropractic. You are their mentor when they are not too stressed out and can listen and appreciate your thoughts.

Cons

There have been no substantial raises since 2001 (there was one 3% a couple of years ago, except we pay more for our health insurance each year, so it did not even cover the increased amount that we had taken out of our paycheck that year). There are basically no benefits except group health insurance with Kaiser, and you pay a portion that goes up each year. There are no retirement benefits, there is definitely no matching, we do have a 401K but it is all our own money that goes into it. We even had erroneous charges taken out of our 401K that took the college's chief financial officer over two years to address. The morale is very very low. They keep raising the students tuition, but never give any of it back to the faculty (although a few chief officers have received substantial raises). They refuse to hire enough faculty and never hire anyone to replace someone that leaves. So the position gets more and more responsibilities, paperwork and so on for no more money and no perks. (The salaries were very low to begin with. ) The president and chief financial officer, who basically run all of the departments, do not value their employees and believe everyone is expendable and that anyone can do our jobs. The President has been known to belittle faculty in front of students and patients. The President is only concerned with money and not with the quality of workmanship. The people that rise to the top are the least qualified and run with the "Good-ole boy" mentality. By the way, the education of the students also suffer as a result of this also. Furthermore, there are unbelievable issues such as: the place barely gets cleaned, working conditions are poor and dirty and noisy, the chairs for faculty are in ruin and not even close to comfortable, breaks are rarely able to be taken, labor laws are abused, OSHA would find a few reasons for fines too. People who do a bad job never get reprimanded as bosses there are afraid to . And, believe it or not, the college treats the doctors of chiropractic THE WORST OF ALL! Secretaries and administrative assistants get taken out to lunch, get $25 gift certificates for secretary's day and so forth, get hour lunchbreaks, etc; the doctors have to bring in their own food for parties, ie., "Potlucks", get no breaks, no keys to doors, no room to work in without severe distractions, nosiy offices in the middle of the health center, working with lots of interruptions. Meanwhile, students and staff get offices with windows and computers with printers and doors that lock. Faculty in the Health Center have of office with computers and printers, if they need to write letters of references or reports. Basically, the consensus is that we should all be loving working there and referring students and patients there and love getting paid no more than a bagger at a grocery store and if we don't like it, in the words of the President "F!@#$ it if they don't like it, they can leave!" It is all about what the faculty and staff can give to the college, with nothing back in return. The President is also designing some program that will track who (faculty) has referred a required number of students to the college and patients to the clinic and that will be part of our job description also. And, there is so much more to tell.............

Stop lying to your employees, start caring and valueing your employees, start giving back. It is about time now. Look at your motto and see if you follow it. It is "To give, to love, to serve".

There are newer employer reviews for Life West Chiropractic College