LifeCare Hospitals
www.lifecare-hospitals.com Plano , TX 150 to 499 Employees

People are great, but there is an extreme absence of real leadership.

ProsYour co-workers, for the most part, are nice people. In most positions, there is job stability. The goal of the company, caring for patients and their families, is something to make you proud of your work. In the right circumstances, it does feel like more than just a job.

ConsThere is no leadership. They never hold anyone accountable. They make arbitrary rules whenever the mood strikes them, but they never follow-up on whether it accomplishes anything. Employees are treated differently based on which group of people they hang out with. There is a class-conscious atmosphere, and the attitude of "it's not my job" is rampant.

Advice to Senior ManagementApply the rules equally. When you put a new policy in place, get feedback from the people that will be affected first. Then follow-up on a regular basis. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Your employees are not the enemy.

A stable work environment with some reasonable perks

Central Coding Specialist (Current Employee)
    Plano, TX

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros: I worked in the medical coding department. There was a good work-life balance. The coding lead/managers were always helpful and supportive. The… Cons: The health insurance progressively got worse. There was pressure from upper management in regards to medical coding that felt like it could become noncompliant over… Advice to Senior Management: An improved clinical documentation program would make a world of… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

They are running us into the ground.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time

Pros: None. If I could have given zero stars, I… Cons: They bought us from a company that was great to work for. They said they would show us "how a hospital is run." … Advice to Senior Management: I have been told that a casual employee has to stay on the schedule in place of me, even though I am full-time and my… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on LifeCare Hospitals.

Worked for LifeCare Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifeCare Hospitals reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by LifeCare Hospitals employees.