LifeCare Hospitals

www.lifecare-hospitals.com
  www.lifecare-hospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals

People are great, but there is an extreme absence of real leadership.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Your co-workers, for the most part, are nice people. In most positions, there is job stability. The goal of the company, caring for patients and their families, is something to make you proud of your work. In the right circumstances, it does feel like more than just a job.

Cons

There is no leadership. They never hold anyone accountable. They make arbitrary rules whenever the mood strikes them, but they never follow-up on whether it accomplishes anything. Employees are treated differently based on which group of people they hang out with. There is a class-conscious atmosphere, and the attitude of "it's not my job" is rampant.

Apply the rules equally. When you put a new policy in place, get feedback from the people that will be affected first. Then follow-up on a regular basis. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Your employees are not the enemy.

14 Other Employee Reviews for LifeCare Hospitals (View Most Recent)

A stable work environment with some reasonable perks

Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist  in  Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Central Coding Specialist in Plano, TX

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked in the medical coding department. There was a good work-life balance. The coding lead/managers were always helpful and supportive. The people I worked with in my department and at the corporate office were all great. When I worked there, there was excellent time off/vacation. I was able to work 8 hours a day everyday, and when my time was up, I was done for the day.

Cons

The health insurance progressively got worse. There was pressure from upper management in regards to medical coding that felt like it could become noncompliant over time. As a medical coder, the field wasn't well trained on clinical documentation needs, which could be problematic when need to get information clarified.

An improved clinical documentation program would make a world of difference on revenue and compliance.

Good place to start your career

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Lifecare is a great place if you are starting your career. Work/life balance is a huge plus.

Cons

The company does not care about keeping their good employees and getting rid of the bad. Management does not listen to their employees, morale is low, pay is not competitive.

Listen to your employees and reward your good ones. They actually have a lot of inside knowledge of what is really going on in the company. The company has lost a lot of good employees because they were too cheap to pay them what they are worth.

There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals

Worked for LifeCare Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!