LifeCare Hospitals

www.lifecare-hospitals.com
  www.lifecare-hospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals

Awesome co workers, lousy management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Great co workers, supportive immediate supervisors

Cons

Complete lack of respect and appreciation for hourly employees, constant change in policy and procedures without impact evaluation, a "blame the employee" mentality when things go wrong without considering staffing and resource deficits, accomadation of one group of employees at teh expense of others.

Encourage HONEST feedback from employees, consider the possibility that we do our jobs every day, we may have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Quit playing divide and conquer by pittng shifts and rotations against one another. Focus on real issues, instead of using created ones as a smolescreen.

15 Other Employee Reviews for LifeCare Hospitals (View Most Recent)

People are great, but there is an extreme absence of real leadership.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Your co-workers, for the most part, are nice people. In most positions, there is job stability. The goal of the company, caring for patients and their families, is something to make you proud of your work. In the right circumstances, it does feel like more than just a job.

Cons

There is no leadership. They never hold anyone accountable. They make arbitrary rules whenever the mood strikes them, but they never follow-up on whether it accomplishes anything. Employees are treated differently based on which group of people they hang out with. There is a class-conscious atmosphere, and the attitude of "it's not my job" is rampant.

Apply the rules equally. When you put a new policy in place, get feedback from the people that will be affected first. Then follow-up on a regular basis. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Your employees are not the enemy.

cook

Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Cook in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals full-time (less than an year)

Pros

food was well priced for all

Cons

management was not helpful or supportive

There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals