Great co-workers, lousy management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Staff and immediate supervisors are great to work with. I met some really wonderful people in the time I worked there. There were also some great educational opportunities.

Cons

The people in upper management had a lot of turnover in time that I worked there. 3 CEO's, 3 DON's, 3 HR managers in less than 2 years. There is a culture of employees blaming each other and stabbing one another in the back. Gossiping is widespread; it is a very toxic work environment if you are not in with the popular crowd. I have never worked in such a place that felt like I was back in high school.

Advice to Management

Address conflicts and gossiping. Having a policy of "Zero tolerance" means nothing if you allow slander and back stabbing on a daily basis. Listen to the staff. Recognize that staff needs support in order to do the best job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awesome co workers, lousy management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Great co workers, supportive immediate supervisors

Cons

Complete lack of respect and appreciation for hourly employees, constant change in policy and procedures without impact evaluation, a "blame the employee" mentality when things go wrong without considering staffing and resource deficits, accomadation of one group of employees at teh expense of others.

Advice to Management

Encourage HONEST feedback from employees, consider the possibility that we do our jobs every day, we may have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Quit playing divide and conquer by pittng shifts and rotations against one another. Focus on real issues, instead of using created ones as a smolescreen.

People are great, but there is an extreme absence of real leadership.

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Your co-workers, for the most part, are nice people. In most positions, there is job stability. The goal of the company, caring for patients and their families, is something to make you proud of your work. In the right circumstances, it does feel like more than just a job.

Cons

There is no leadership. They never hold anyone accountable. They make arbitrary rules whenever the mood strikes them, but they never follow-up on whether it accomplishes anything. Employees are treated differently based on which group of people they hang out with. There is a class-conscious atmosphere, and the attitude of "it's not my job" is rampant.

Advice to Management

Apply the rules equally. When you put a new policy in place, get feedback from the people that will be affected first. Then follow-up on a regular basis. Communicate, communicate, communicate. Your employees are not the enemy.