LifeCare Hospitals

www.lifecare-hospitals.com
  www.lifecare-hospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals

The "no tolerance policy" should be "we tolerate aggresive,abusive,and disruptive behaviors"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH
Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Great co-workers, long time friendships.

Cons

Being told to clock out and then finish my work. Being yelled at in front of my peers. Being so disruptive on a daily basis that it is almost impossible to get work done. Everyday having a different focus on a new process none which envoles patient care. Being pitted against other departments. Only caring about how many patients we can get in an not about taking care of the ones we have, and finally you only have a chance for promotion if your a male.

Support the hospital as a whole, and open your eyes to what's really going on.

15 Other Employee Reviews for LifeCare Hospitals (View Most Recent)

Great co-workers, lousy management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pewaukee, WI

I worked at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Staff and immediate supervisors are great to work with. I met some really wonderful people in the time I worked there. There were also some great educational opportunities.

Cons

The people in upper management had a lot of turnover in time that I worked there. 3 CEO's, 3 DON's, 3 HR managers in less than 2 years. There is a culture of employees blaming each other and stabbing one another in the back. Gossiping is widespread; it is a very toxic work environment if you are not in with the popular crowd. I have never worked in such a place that felt like I was back in high school.

Address conflicts and gossiping. Having a policy of "Zero tolerance" means nothing if you allow slander and back stabbing on a daily basis. Listen to the staff. Recognize that staff needs support in order to do the best job.

Awesome co workers, lousy management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

I have been working at LifeCare Hospitals

Pros

Great co workers, supportive immediate supervisors

Cons

Complete lack of respect and appreciation for hourly employees, constant change in policy and procedures without impact evaluation, a "blame the employee" mentality when things go wrong without considering staffing and resource deficits, accomadation of one group of employees at teh expense of others.

Encourage HONEST feedback from employees, consider the possibility that we do our jobs every day, we may have a good idea of what works and what doesn't. Quit playing divide and conquer by pittng shifts and rotations against one another. Focus on real issues, instead of using created ones as a smolescreen.

There are newer employer reviews for LifeCare Hospitals