LifePoint Hospitals

www.lifepointhospitals.com
  www.lifepointhospitals.com
There are newer employer reviews for LifePoint Hospitals

Best environment and best people that it has ever been my pleasure to work with.

Current Employee - IT&S  in  Brentwood, TN
Current Employee - IT&S in Brentwood, TN

I have been working at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I have worked in IT&S at the corporate office for over 7 years. The department has grown from a small band to a sophisticated, well-oiled, working machine during that time. To the Big Guy that wrote the review throwing stones at the CIO, you've only been here for a short time. You did not see what he had to start with to get where the department is today. If you had been here longer and witnessed the changes and the decisions that have had to be made, perhaps you would be kinder. Our CIO frequently asks employees for their opinions and for their analysis of situations, and he really listens. Without his leadership, we would never have gotten so many systems installed in so many facilities in the past 4 years. It was a huge endeavor but everyone in IT can be proud of the successes of our department. We have a tremendous team of full-time employees and contractors that work in the department and in the company. We have some of the most talented and caring people that I've ever worked with (and I started in healthcare IT 30 years ago). We have each other's back and we all work very hard but we're a team (well, the majority of us are). Other employees frequently stop to offer help, and I will stop whatever I'm doing to help someone else in a heartbeat and that includes anyone at a hospital. We have the utmost respect for the employees of the hospitals and for what they do on a daily basis. That's the environment in IT&S at LifePoint. The company culture is one of compassion and honesty. No company is perfect but I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.

Cons

There are still a few employees who prefer to throw stones anonymously than to stand up and give their opinion out loud and then get back to work and be a part of the team. Yes, we work a lot of long, hard hours and could use more help but then we have to be good stewards of the monies that the hospitals work so hard to make.

Please don't let the culture change when we move to the new building. Remember to be good stewards in all things. And to the CIO--thank you for what you've done for IT&S and for LifePoint.

39 Other Employee Reviews for LifePoint Hospitals (View Most Recent)

Spent 6+ yrs as a Registered Nurse in the geriatric psychiatric unit.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Had a great work experience with co-workers that worked hard to provide good safe care to the patients that were admitted to us.

Cons

Staff was not supported when there were high risk patients.

Recognize that providing safe care to patients starts with supporting staff.

The absolute worst experience in twenty years as an IT professional.

I worked at LifePoint Hospitals full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are no pros, unless you are a total incompetent in the area of Information Technology. If so, you will find a home at LifePoint, so long as you make certain to join the sycophantic posers in upper management in operations, whose lack of skill, experience, and intelligence will deflect scrutiny away from your incompetence.

Cons

Upper management is out of control. The board is apparently oblivious to the fact that millions have been squandered because of the ineptitude of the CIO, and of the contracting firms he has brought in, a CIO who has abdicated managing and decision making and who has sold LifePoint down the river to his cronies at Dell.

Listen to the few remaining employees who have actually managed an enterprise environment, dump incompetent contractors turned directors, and security officers who don't even recognize the idiocy of emailing account name and password in one clear text message.

There are newer employer reviews for LifePoint Hospitals

Worked for LifePoint Hospitals? Contribute to the Community!