There are newer employer reviews for LifeQuotes.com

Ok- if you've never sold life insurance before. SEE ALSO INSURE.COM review. They are the same company.

Current Employee - Outside Agent
Current Employee - Outside Agent

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

more leads than you ever thought existed, propsects are well educated about life insurance so you don't have to sell them on the idea! Case managers manage the applications. Delivery team mails out the policy.

Cons

very time consuming process to sell the policies. Mgt keeps changing the comp plan. Since it's always to the company's advantage, this makes them appear GREEDY!!
Case managers also sell policies so they're not working your cases as hard as they should. Delivery team is not well versed in life policies so you don't always know that the policy has been issued as requested.

Advice to Management

Pay your agents better and stop taking advantage of them. The ones who write like fools are fools for sticking with you. It is smart that you keep them so busy. They don't have a moment to look up and realize that you're taking in 70% of the premium written + a nice volume bonus that in some cases tops 20% !! There are much better options out there for the experienced agent- don't ever forget that!!

Mar 30, 2014Founder and CEO

Hi, I'm Bob Bland, founder and CEO of LifeQuotes.com and just now noticed your 2012 review. Our Darien-based staff turnover is almost at zero and has been for years. Our old commission agent model ... More

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Very Bad Experience

Current Employee - Sales Agent
    Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

Being able to work from home. The home/work balance. Talking with people from all over the US is a great experience.

Cons

Very difficult to get paid. You spend a whole lot of money to get licensed and set up and then because of not meeting one out of the many criteria they keep all of your pay check.

I've worked there for about 7 months. Would not recommend it to anyone. If you can sell insurance anywhere else do it, you will have a better experience.

There is no support from the staff and you are your own salesperson, submissions specialists and underwriting technician.

If you can babysit 75 policies from start to finish, to paid start your own business! Here they just set expectations, fire you and hire the next round.

Advice to Management

They need to stop the micro management and let the agents sell Insurance

Nightmare

Former Employee - Outside Agent
    Former Employee - Outside Agent

I worked at LifeQuotes.com

Pros

Ability to schedule your own hours

Cons

Constantly changing commission matrix. Slow to receive commission.