LifeScan
www.lifescan.com Milpitas, CA 500 to 999 Employees

Not very innovative, but a good place to work

Manager (Former Employee)
Milpitas, CA

ProsGreat benefits, strong support from J&J corporate, great training and development opportunities as you move up. LifeScan may not be a household name, but J&J is, and I always felt proud to say I worked for J&J.

ConsGet used to "LifeScan Standard Time": meetings start 10 minutes late, and new products launch at least 6 months late. Layoffs have become all too common lately. Some groups are very silo-like, although not all.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to team members when they tell you (weeks or months in advance) that the schedule cannot be met, rather than insisting on an unrealistic, can't-be-met, make-no-contingency-plans false view of the world. Give project teams the resources they need to complete the projects, and then hold them accountable.

Good place for summer work

Technician (Former Employee)

I worked at LifeScan

Pros: Worked at Lifescan during the summer. Was a good place to work; experience was decent. Worked in several different areas. People at… Cons: As a technician, the job could be somewhat monotonous. Food at… Advice to Senior Management: Did not get much feedback at my level. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

A great place and a good balance

SMCS Finance Intern (Former Employee)

I worked at LifeScan

Pros: As an intern, I was given a great deal of responsibility and autonomy in completing projects and utilizing my time to learn aspects of the… Cons: Working across several different departments and work groups creates problems with the sharing and availability of information. The concept of function owners, while founded… Advice to Senior Management: Break down barriers between departments and make use of productivity and efficiency improvements that… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on LifeScan.

Worked for LifeScan? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at LifeScan reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for LifeScan CEO Valerie Asbury . All reviews posted anonymously by LifeScan employees.