There are newer employer reviews for LifeScan

Not very innovative, but a good place to work

Former Employee - Manager in Milpitas, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Milpitas, CA

I worked at LifeScan

Pros

Great benefits, strong support from J&J corporate, great training and development opportunities as you move up. LifeScan may not be a household name, but J&J is, and I always felt proud to say I worked for J&J.

Cons

Get used to "LifeScan Standard Time": meetings start 10 minutes late, and new products launch at least 6 months late. Layoffs have become all too common lately. Some groups are very silo-like, although not all.

Listen to team members when they tell you (weeks or months in advance) that the schedule cannot be met, rather than insisting on an unrealistic, can't-be-met, make-no-contingency-plans false view of the world. Give project teams the resources they need to complete the projects, and then hold them accountable.

reviews filtered by

Great benefits

Former Employee - Training Specialist in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Training Specialist in Milpitas, CA

I worked at LifeScan

Pros

The benefits package is really good. They take preventative care very seriously. I also thing the succession managment system is very good.

Cons

Very corporate enviornment, not a real fun place, i worked there for over 2 years and I don't think i laughed even once. I also found it to be a very political place, some decisions were based on who you knew not your abilities.

Try to make the workplace a little less overbearing, it all comes from the senior management.

2. Good place for summer work

Former Employee - Technician in Milpitas, CA
    Former Employee - Technician in Milpitas, CA

I worked at LifeScan

Pros

Worked at Lifescan during the summer. Was a good place to work; experience was decent. Worked in several different areas. People at Lifescan were friendly, job was not too difficult. Information was not passed freely around. Overall, this would be a good place to work since the pay was reasonable and the hours were not too bad. At least I was not there long enough to be exposed to any politics or anything like that. The technology was interesting to learn.

Cons

As a technician, the job could be somewhat monotonous. Food at the cafeteria wasn't the greatest so I ended up bringing my lunch instead.

Did not get much feedback at my level.

There are newer employer reviews for LifeScan