Lifesize

www.lifesize.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lifesize

Fast Paced and Fast Growing

I have been working at Lifesize

Pros

Some of the best reasons to work for LifeSize are the ones you desire most when looking at any company to work for: great benefits, competitive salaries, central location, and extra perks such as Profit Sharing or an Employee Share Purchase Plan. The company still maintains a "start up" culture offering things such as breakfast tacos and beverages/snacks in all the kitchens.

Cons

There have been some major changes the past few years. If you like to work for start up companies and the changes that come along with it, then you will be successful in your career.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Lifesize (View Most Recent)

Dynamic work environment with exciting products

I have been working at Lifesize

Pros

Great energy
    Innovative products
    Team environment
    Good work life balance
    Strong managment structure

Cons

Office buildings outside of head office are not as well equipped

Lifesize has a tight and strong leadership team, that supports their employees. Despite the growth targets being high and the expectations of the employees just as high, the support for employee success is apparent throughout the leadership group.

Growth

Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Austin, TX

I have been working at Lifesize

Pros

Fast Growth, Profitable Company in an industry that's projected to grow to 5 Billion in the next 5 years
    Offices for confidential HR positions.
    Global/International Environment.
    Fast Paced Environment
    No red tape to get things done
    Supportive
    Friendly People!
    Open Door environment.
    Competitive compensation packages
    Great brand name in Austin
    Opportunities for growth

Cons

You need to be proactive. People will not tell you what to do or hand hold you to get things done or to advance your career. That could be a bad or a good thing, depending on your perspective. There have been some challenges, mostly on the operations side resulting from the integration with Logitech (nothing that comes as a surprise though and certainly something that is being tackled head on). I am a big proponent of rewarding top performers, and I think Lifesize could do a better job, overall of rewarding their top performers with stock options/restricted stock, bonuses, rewards etc. But overall, Lifesize compensates and treats all of their employees equally as top performers because for the most part, they hire all top performers. Taco Deli is served every Mon/Wed. I've been here for a year and they have not changed up the tacos they order. They are the same ones everyday. And also, there is a lot of unhealthy food in the snack cabinet - again good or bad, depending on your perspective. And on a final side note, sometimes the cleaning lady blocks the bathroom and I have to go to another floor to use the bathroom! If I'm bothered by tacos and access to the bathroom, I think we're doing alright :)

Think of innovative ways to reward and retain top performers. Most companies do a good job on this for salespeople but what about Finance, Operations, HR, etc? Foster more inter-department dialogue/conversations. Departments tend to get silo'd into their respective business units/functions. ie: Engineering has no idea what Marketing is doing or who the marketing people even are. Accounting doesn't know what Recruiting does. IT is typically left alone unless something breaks. Understanding Lifesize as a whole and how all the pieces fit together is very important, no matter what department you are in.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifesize