Lifespan Corporation

Bradley Hospital Milieu Therapist

Current Employee - Milieu Therapist in East Providence, RI
Current Employee - Milieu Therapist in East Providence, RI

I have been working at Lifespan Corporation

Pros

Schedule is good. Location is close to my house. Offer Per diem work. Bradley is a lifespan partner so you can transfer to other hospitals easily.

Cons

People are not very friendly. Pay scale is low. Sometimes if you are scheduled to work a shift and the person coming in after you calls out sick, you are mandated to stay at work for a whole other shift.

You should take in consideration your employees qualifications and abilities before giving them the same hourly rate as other employees with less experience or fewer qualifications.

25 Other Employee Reviews for Lifespan Corporation (View Most Recent)

working for lifespan

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Providence, RI
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Providence, RI

I have been working at Lifespan Corporation

Pros

In this economy I am glad to have a job. The best reason to work for Lifespan are the people I work with.

Cons

The management seem to expect a lot from the employees, and they give very little positive feedback. The nurses and cna's are the people doing the work to make the money for the hospital, and we are the ones that do not get the raises for cost of living etc. Also , they encourage you to increase your education, and certifications, yet once you do , there is no compensation.

To actually put on a pair of scrubs and work on the floor again for at least a full week, to see how things have changed.

It wasn't a bad place to start, it did provide valuable experience.

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Providence, RI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Providence, RI

I worked at Lifespan Corporation

Pros

It is a level I trauma center.

Cons

I felt I received little to no respect from management.

Give a little more respect to your nurses. It will go a long way in improving nurse retention. I would have stayed if I felt I was respected by management. It also didn't seem to matter how much effort I put into my job. I was compensated the same as the nurses who did only the bare minimum. There was no incentive to be the best I could be (other than my own perfectionist personality).

There are newer employer reviews for Lifespan Corporation