Lifetouch

Great place to work

Former Employee - Photographer in Corona, CA
Former Employee - Photographer in Corona, CA

I worked at Lifetouch

Pros

The people are very friendly. Helpful. Fun. Working with children in schools is lots of fun.

Cons

Sometimes changes aren't communicated well. Also, scheduling can be frustrating with other workers seen as "favorites" and scheduled more. I had to fight to get more hours. While my coworkers praised my hard work, management and schedule makers didn't quite see it.

Be more fair in scheduling.

357 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

It gets worse every season.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chico, CA

I have been working at Lifetouch

Pros

I get the summer of with my children.

Cons

Pay rate, pay increases, lack of appreciation, lip service, no consistency.

Great place to begin a career as a photographer.

Former Employee - Portrait Photographer in Collegeville, PA
    Former Employee - Portrait Photographer in Collegeville, PA

I worked at Lifetouch

Pros

Great place to begin career as a photographer. You will have opportunity to photograph hundreds of people. Can move into studio portrait photography, sports or event photography, or become a trainer. Great job for someone with very reliable transportation, who is energetic, responsible, and an early riser. if you love people and photography, this is a great opportunity to get into the field.

Cons

Early rise required (4:00 -5 am) to get to the schools (which can be an hour or more away sometimes) by 6 or 7 am for an hour set up before photographing from 7 or 8 am to about 3 pm. Then an hour break down of equipment at end of day. You must enjoy working with people, be calm when there is a line of sometimes hundreds of kids waiting for photos to be taken. You may be required to carry photo equipment in your car for the season.

Continue to research current trends and technology changes in the visual media field and upgrade as often as possible to stay competitive. Reward employees who excel.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch