Lifetouch
www.lifetouch.com Eden Prairie, MN 5000+ Employees

Lifetouch WAS a great place to work!

Photographer (Current Employee)

ProsPhotography in general is fun if you have a passion for it. I love watching children and families grow. Studio management is pretty good, depending on which studio you're at. Management is pretty willing to train you on all aspects of photography to help make you better. ESOP is a huge plus!!!

ConsEverything USED to be about the people, now not so much. There are no longer benefits for part time employees. Vacation hours were great, now they're "averaged" out. Unless you're a manger don't count on getting any hours. And now we have to sign a paper stating we understand we can be fired and any time for no reason at all. I mean really? I'm ashamed that I have given this company so much of my time and efforts for nothing!!! This company was built on values and principles and was very people driven. It was about US, it was about making sure we were taken care of. In recent years "corporate" type people were hired and it's all about the money. Do they not realize that sales and morale have gone way down since??? Hmmm, I wonder why? This is why I'm currently seeking other employment.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop sending us surveys on how you can improve if you don't intend on changing anything. Go back to the way things used to be, you know when the core values were "people first"! Be realistic, some parents can't afford to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on portraits. Don't send out $8, $20, $6 packages and expect us to talk these people out of doing this. I used to love working here. Now I no longer have the excitement I once did to go to work. This has become a "job" and I hate that. Selling used to fun and easy when I knew that my efforts would never go unnoticed. But the incentives have stopped (SPIFF is a joke), the emails to managers on an employees job well done are non-existent, and now I can be fired for no reason at all? You've become just like every other company out there and it's sad. Lifetouch used to be the best, now you've become just like everyone else.

Lots of great experience in a number of different areas.

Sales Representative (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The employee stock ownership program (ESOP), flexible work days, lots of experience… Cons: The pay is not great comparatively, some mandatory lay… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Lifetouch is a great place to work!

Portrait Photographer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: After your first year, you begin to accumulate stock in the company (ESOP). … Cons: Early morning work. Some equipment transportation and setup. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Lifetouch.

Worked for Lifetouch? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Lifetouch reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Lifetouch CEO Paul Harmel. All reviews posted anonymously by Lifetouch employees.