There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Lifetouch WAS a great place to work!

Current Employee - Photographer
Current Employee - Photographer

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Photography in general is fun if you have a passion for it. I love watching children and families grow. Studio management is pretty good, depending on which studio you're at. Management is pretty willing to train you on all aspects of photography to help make you better. ESOP is a huge plus!!!

Cons

Everything USED to be about the people, now not so much. There are no longer benefits for part time employees. Vacation hours were great, now they're "averaged" out. Unless you're a manger don't count on getting any hours. And now we have to sign a paper stating we understand we can be fired and any time for no reason at all. I mean really? I'm ashamed that I have given this company so much of my time and efforts for nothing!!! This company was built on values and principles and was very people driven. It was about US, it was about making sure we were taken care of. In recent years "corporate" type people were hired and it's all about the money. Do they not realize that sales and morale have gone way down since??? Hmmm, I wonder why? This is why I'm currently seeking other employment.

Advice to Management

Stop sending us surveys on how you can improve if you don't intend on changing anything. Go back to the way things used to be, you know when the core values were "people first"! Be realistic, some parents can't afford to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on portraits. Don't send out $8, $20, $6 packages and expect us to talk these people out of doing this. I used to love working here. Now I no longer have the excitement I once did to go to work. This has become a "job" and I hate that. Selling used to fun and easy when I knew that my efforts would never go unnoticed. But the incentives have stopped (SPIFF is a joke), the emails to managers on an employees job well done are non-existent, and now I can be fired for no reason at all? You've become just like every other company out there and it's sad. Lifetouch used to be the best, now you've become just like everyone else.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Lots of great experience in a number of different areas.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The employee stock ownership program (ESOP), flexible work days, lots of experience in other departments, opportunity to pursue passion (photography), great people to work with.

Cons

The pay is not great comparatively, some mandatory lay offs.

2. Lifetouch is a great place to work!

Current Employee - Portrait Photographer
    Current Employee - Portrait Photographer

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After your first year, you begin to accumulate stock in the company (ESOP). Most employees are able to retire from Lifetouch with a raise. Great benefits.

Cons

Early morning work. Some equipment transportation and setup.