There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

top presellers for olan mills disgruntled

Current Employee - ASR
Current Employee - ASR

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

you can make a whole lot of money real fast, and for any sales professional or a newbie to sales, this job will hone your skills like no other.

Cons

The new parent company that bought olan mills is starting to make some sweeping changes without consulting their top pre-sellers. While trying to increase sales and sittings they have actually decreased sales by making these pre-paid tickets harder to sell.

Loosen up the expiration rules on asr coupons. Reward the customer with an extra bonus for sticking to their appointment. The carrot works better than the stick. Also, the "bad" sales have value. Do you want 30 % of !00 sales to show, or 100% of 10? Sitting count matters not show rate

340 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Lifetouch is in a market in transition

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Biggest portrait company on earth, period. They do things in a big way! You can be exposed to some of the most advanced technology on the planet. They know how to make money.

Cons

Too big to really, truly care at all levels. Some areas are fantastic. Some jobs and offices are awful. No consistency. Quality depends on your manager.

Find a new market for imaging that is Internet-centered. None of us wants prints any more. You can buy up all the smaller portrait companies on earth, but the market for packages of prints will still dry up and blow away in a few years. Don't be another Kodak.

Seasonal is stressfull

I worked at Lifetouch part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Umm None, if you like being employed but never having to work this job is for you.

Cons

I was rushed to learn the sales process, my hours were drastically cut with no warning. I'm not even sure I have a job still since I haven't worked in almost a month. That might have just been my manager though. Even after a month I was still having to ask questions because I was trained so fast. I hated having to go through the entire sales process with a customer with a screaming baby when they just wanted traditional portraits.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch