There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Not exactly the best place to work.

Former Employee - Photographer - School in Wilmington, NC
Former Employee - Photographer - School in Wilmington, NC

I worked at Lifetouch as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Gas card, interesting employees, local management was helpful

Cons

Amount of travel was more than what was explained, pay was less than originally discussed, stressful job

Notify people of exactly how far they will be driving daily, if you are going to offer a higher rate of pay when advertising then that same amount should be offered when hiring, screen applicants better - some of the people I worked with were seriously awful

339 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Do not work for this company.

Current Employee - Portrait Consultant
    Current Employee - Portrait Consultant

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Nice coworkers. Good health benefits. Travel all over the place. Sounds like a prestigious job but working at Burger King or Wendy's pays better.

Cons

Lifetouch bought Olan Mills and changed everything that was good. Commission only, based on a weekly average. One or two bad days and you make the minimum. Fighting amongst team members for prospective customers. No work for months at a time. This company took all the class out of the church division.

Wake up. Start paying a salary. Go back to the photographer and sales format. Maybe more accounts will book us.

Not really full time work or for a seasoned pro-shooter

Former Employee - Church Portrait Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Church Portrait Sales Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Meet nice people
    -Somewhat creative work
    -Lots of time off to spend with friends and family

Cons

-Weeks and even months of no work due to lack of bookings
    -Commission only which can be very bad at a church that has low income families so you might wind up working a 12 hour day for free with no breaks of any kind.
    -travel on low budget
    -some studios are beat up so makes selling a challenge
    -shoot a group of twenty, a family with toddlers, a couple with dogs or people in wheelchairs in less that 10 minutes and come up with sellable images is sometimes almost impossible!

Do not lie to people and say it is full time when it is seasonal. You know most of your shooters are making very little so why not spread some of those profits around at contest time? A gift card from Target is nice but I'd rather be able to pay my utility bill. Senior management needs to hold territory managers accountable for the lack of work and for the way they are treated . The photography certification is a nice idea but it will not help your employees get more gainful employment. I was one of your most successful people . Being timed with a stopwatch for a family with special requests is humiliating and poor customer service. It's a shame as I would have potentially been a lifetime employee.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch