Enjoyable job

Current Employee - Underclass School Photographer
Current Employee - Underclass School Photographer

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

In my territory working with wonderful people, building rapport with children and staff, bringing a smile to parents faces, traveling to a new place everyday, great support by my territories management and sales team.

Cons

Hard work for little money. Little to no recognition for photographers hard work by company higher ups. Several financial incentives for sales people and none for photographers.

Advice to Management

After 9 years of service to Lifetouch as a photographer, I still struggle to make ends meet. Recognize and compensate the hard work we do.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. School "Photographer"

Current Employee - Photographer - School
    Current Employee - Photographer - School

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time

Pros

If you aren't a professional photographer (minimum skills needed to start) and don't mind flashing lights in the eyes of cranky staff/students at 7am then this is the job for you.
    Paid .30/mi and minimum wage/hr for all the obscene amounts of traveling required.

Cons

Position is mostly a Customer Service job with lots of driving, lifting, standing and talking.
    Required to wake up 3am-5am and travel 100miles 3-4 days of the week to get there early and set-up daily. (Talk about car wear and tear!)
    Lifted heavy equipment out of car and up school steps (about 150lbs in separate cases) Start AND End of the day. at least there was a cart...sometimes.
    Dealt with CRANKY people all day trying to convince them to smile! and bear flashing lights in their eyes. Definitely helped me with building patience.

Advice to Management

Better benefits/ higher hourly pay for all the physical strain of the position.

2. Manager

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

ESOP!!! You also have an opportunity to move into management and become one of the leaders if you invest the time and effort.

Cons

High turnover rate of excellent photographers is too high.... Even though the business is part time the company loses each time we lose an outstanding photographer!

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to show value to the front line team members who support and build the Lifetouch culture thru their performance!