Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com

School "Photographer"

Photographer - School (Current Employee)

ProsIf you aren't a professional photographer (minimum skills needed to start) and don't mind flashing lights in the eyes of cranky staff/students at 7am then this is the job for you.
Paid .30/mi and minimum wage/hr for all the obscene amounts of traveling required.

ConsPosition is mostly a Customer Service job with lots of driving, lifting, standing and talking.
Required to wake up 3am-5am and travel 100miles 3-4 days of the week to get there early and set-up daily. (Talk about car wear and tear!)
Lifted heavy equipment out of car and up school steps (about 150lbs in separate cases) Start AND End of the day. at least there was a cart...sometimes.
Dealt with CRANKY people all day trying to convince them to smile! and bear flashing lights in their eyes. Definitely helped me with building patience.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits/ higher hourly pay for all the physical strain of the position.

Should be a great company, but....

Human Resources (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time

Pros: The pro that sells many on the opportunity is the employee-ownership, and potential retirement funds contributed fully by the ESOP. There are a lot… Cons: The antiquated and overly conservative company culture and resources. All white male board of directors should tell you enough. Leadership is not visionary… Advice to Senior Management: Invest some money into efficiency consulting - if you embraced forward and big picture thinking, you just might be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Promised the world, given $.10 in 5 years

Studio Phototgrapher (Former Employee)

I worked at Lifetouch part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Getting close with guest and watching all the children grow.… Cons: The company never follows through on promises. Raises are a joke. $.10 in 5 years only after an $.80 pay cut the year before. Poor management,… Advice to Senior Management: Stick to your word when you say you are going to do something. Do real work, aka don't just sit there while your staff is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Lifetouch.

Worked for Lifetouch? Contribute to the Community!