There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

A company that cares and a product you can get behind

Current Employee - Headquarters Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
Current Employee - Headquarters Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the best things about Lifetouch is employee-ownership in the form of ESOP. While this provides an amazing retirement benefit, it is really about having a vested stake in a business that you truly care about. Everybody has the ability to impact both the short AND long term success of the organization and, being privately held, we don't live and die by our quarterly results. It is also an organization filled with some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet who are truly passionate about our industry and product. It's easy to fall in love with a photography company whose core focus is capturing invaluable memories. The amount of philanthropic work and money the company donates to the communities it serves is truly remarkable (think Target, they just don't advertise it).

Cons

The industry is complex and changes rapidly, but this is offset by the fact that you are working for a highly respected leader in the photography space. Lifetouch's corporate structure can be challenging to navigate as a newbie. It takes awhile to learn the ropes, but once the light bulb turns on you realize what an amazing place it truly is. The company is also fiscally conservative, which means you don't always have the newest and the best of everything. That being said, they do invest where it makes sense (and, to be honest, this strategy has helped the company stay in a very strong financial position compared to competitors).

reviews filtered by

Photographer

Former Employee - Photographer - School in Maple Grove, MN
    Former Employee - Photographer - School in Maple Grove, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

It will depend on the office you report to but overall I really enjoyed the people I worked with. That is what made this job so great. You get to meet new people everyday and at this point in my life I loved to drive to all the different locations. I got to travel around the state.

Cons

Pay is not great, especially considering they do not meet IRS mileage reimbursement rates.

The reason I would refer a friend to this job is because while there are downsides it is a seasonal position, so not having all the benefits is not a big deal in the long run.

Advice to Management

Better pay would ensure better employees and better competition. There were multiple individuals who quit by not showing up for a job and people were forced to make up for them.

2. Feast of famine, that's the way it is

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, but when work calls you must make time for it.

Cons

No feedback from upper management

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch