There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Alright until they don't need you anymore

Former Contractor - Underclass Customer Service Agent in Muncie, IN
Former Contractor - Underclass Customer Service Agent in Muncie, IN

I worked at Lifetouch as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a good environment to work with. Giving customer service was easy when there's little chance to say no to a customer.

Cons

Working as a temp gave me a sharp disconnect with the company. They got my requested hours wrong to start off with, and even when they eventually got it right, I didn't have as many hours as I needed. Then when everything died down, they terminated the contract.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Lifetouch needs to quit taking away our benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Lifetouch (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you're just working for spending money and you have a spouse making good money then it's fine since you get the summers off

Cons

The pay is horrible, you have to work sick because not only do you not get sick pay you get points if you're out sick. So there is always someone there sick. Numerous occasions people have puked out on the work floor. Since people can take a good picture with their cell phone you would think they would try to keep experienced people. Nope, then they can hire someone in cheaper.They keep taking benefits away including some paid time off and holiday pay. To advance you need a degree but they don't allow any flex time to even go to school. You don't always know what hours you'll work or if you'll have to work Saturday so it's hard to plan anything especially for us moms with young children who need a babysitter.

Advice to Management

No point in it. They don't seem to listen.

Solid, stable company to work for

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Employee Stock Ownership Program for retirement, Company contributes 100% of stock. Company continues to grow through acquisitions. Lifetouch is a company with heart, organizes mission trips through World Servants, provides smile safe cards to grade school kids, is a partner with the center for missing and exploited children.

Cons

Because it is an ESOP company, benefits and perks are very small as the company watches the bottom line closely to keep profits going into ESOP. Various divisions in Lifetouch communicate very little.