Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Just like any other corporate company

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate
Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The managers and employees are cool.

Cons

- You either get close to no hours or too many hours.
-They severely underhire during Christmas season and have no shame of begging you to come in while you are in class.
-They break the labor laws constantly on weekends and Christmas season.
-Managers don't really do their job.
-All they care about is sales and nothing else.
-Severely underpaid for all the work you put into the job.

Actually hire an adequate amount of people during Christmas season. Actually appreciate your good employees and pay them better. If you can afford to pay your CEO millions of dollars of year AND can afford to give him thousands of dollars in raises each year I don't think it would hurt to raise everyone's pay. I know why everyone quits this job so quickly and I am about to be one of them.

371 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Alright until they don't need you anymore

Former Employee - Underclass Customer Service Agent in Muncie, IN
    Former Employee - Underclass Customer Service Agent in Muncie, IN

I worked at Lifetouch as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

It was a good environment to work with. Giving customer service was easy when there's little chance to say no to a customer.

Cons

Working as a temp gave me a sharp disconnect with the company. They got my requested hours wrong to start off with, and even when they eventually got it right, I didn't have as many hours as I needed. Then when everything died down, they terminated the contract.

A company that cares and a product you can get behind

Current Employee - Headquarters Employee in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Headquarters Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the best things about Lifetouch is employee-ownership in the form of ESOP. While this provides an amazing retirement benefit, it is really about having a vested stake in a business that you truly care about. Everybody has the ability to impact both the short AND long term success of the organization and, being privately held, we don't live and die by our quarterly results. It is also an organization filled with some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet who are truly passionate about our industry and product. It's easy to fall in love with a photography company whose core focus is capturing invaluable memories. The amount of philanthropic work and money the company donates to the communities it serves is truly remarkable (think Target, they just don't advertise it).

Cons

The industry is complex and changes rapidly, but this is offset by the fact that you are working for a highly respected leader in the photography space. Lifetouch's corporate structure can be challenging to navigate as a newbie. It takes awhile to learn the ropes, but once the light bulb turns on you realize what an amazing place it truly is. The company is also fiscally conservative, which means you don't always have the newest and the best of everything. That being said, they do invest where it makes sense (and, to be honest, this strategy has helped the company stay in a very strong financial position compared to competitors).

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch