Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com

Just like any other corporate company

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate
Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Associate

Pros

The managers and employees are cool.

Cons

- You either get close to no hours or too many hours.
-They severely underhire during Christmas season and have no shame of begging you to come in while you are in class.
-They break the labor laws constantly on weekends and Christmas season.
-Managers don't really do their job.
-All they care about is sales and nothing else.
-Severely underpaid for all the work you put into the job.

Actually hire an adequate amount of people during Christmas season. Actually appreciate your good employees and pay them better. If you can afford to pay your CEO millions of dollars of year AND can afford to give him thousands of dollars in raises each year I don't think it would hurt to raise everyone's pay. I know why everyone quits this job so quickly and I am about to be one of them.

Other reviews for Lifetouch

Lifetouch needs to quit taking away our benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

If you're just working for spending money and you have a spouse making good money then it's fine since you get the summers off

Cons

The pay is horrible, you have to work sick because not only do you not get sick pay you get points if you're out sick. So there is always someone there sick. Numerous occasions people have puked out on the work floor. Since people can take a good picture with their cell phone you would think they would try to keep experienced people. Nope, then they can hire someone in cheaper.They keep taking benefits away including some paid time off and holiday pay. To advance you need a degree but they don't allow any flex time to even go to school. You don't always know what hours you'll work or if you'll have to work Saturday so it's hard to plan anything especially for us moms with young children who need a babysitter.

No point in it. They don't seem to listen.

It used to be a great place to work.

Current Employee - Photo Editor
    Current Employee - Photo Editor

Pros

Getting summers off to be with the children is good. If you're primarily working to build a retirement it is good for now at least. The dress code is pretty relaxed. If you like meeting new people often that's good because there is a high turnover rate.

Cons

For us who have been there for awhile, it is very depressing that we are declining not advancing in pay due to the cuts in benefits and growing healthcare cost which is more than that sad little raise we get. At one time it was great because it was seasonal yet had the perks of full-time, and there seemed to be genuine care for employees, customers and quality of service. Now it is all about cutting cost to build the ESOP because the decisions are made by a bunch of old white men who are ready for retirement and don't have to care whether the company is viable in 10 years.
        So just like the government, greedy people are mismanaging what we're working for and when us younger people retire, there probably won't be social security or ESOP left. Add that to not earning enough to pay bills you have some stressed out, disgruntled employees who are literally tired and sick who can't afford to stay home on what they make. That's why most people there are either looking for another job, older ones biding their time until retirement, or have the attitude of "I was looking for a job when I got this one, so who cares, I can get a crappy job anytime"
       There is total lack of structure and communication between leadership and then to employees. You get 5 different answers to the same question. There is no consistency, then they want to write you up if you make a mistake. It's very cut throat because ALL benefits in which they haven't taken away or reduced, are based on hours worked, which causes hostility among employees if they think someone is getting more hours than them. Leadership bad mouths each other to the employees. When you make a mistake they don't tell you discretely. They tell you where others can hear you, when the mistake was usually because you were never told or told incorrectly to begin with. They have people there with the title of trainer who rarely train so other pissed off employees train you who don't want to because they aren't getting that miniscule trainer's differential.
        From the reviews I've read on here from the photographers as to how overworked, underpaid and forced to rush the customers through like cattle, it's no wonder that my 5 year old can take a better picture with her Hello Kitty camera.

Take some psychology classes which basically teaches common sense: Unhappy employees = disgruntled employees = unproductive employees and employees doing subpar work = more overtime needed and low quality products = unhappy customers = I can take a better picture with my cell phone and save money and these customers demanding reprints = loss in revenue and repeat customers = you can kiss your precious ESOP goodbye!!!!

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch.

Worked for Lifetouch? Contribute to the Community!