Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com
  www.lifetouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

The foundation of company is lost in the greed of the corporate office.

Former Employee - Studio Manager in Albuquerque, NM
Former Employee - Studio Manager in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Learned everything I could even the weak spots that continue to benifits the competitors.

Cons

The way they don't treat people the same and to quick to judge people the wrong way. To the point of falsifying documents to fire you.

Don't trust the people who are the quickiest in your office to tattle tale on others and step out from behind your desk to see everyone in there true form. Call some customers one on one to get feed back on where they see you can improve. After all they do make it possible for you to have a paycheck.

357 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Portrait photography in churches.

Current Employee - Photographer in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Photographer in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Enjoy portrait photography and working with people. Work in churches. Customers and co-workers are pleasant to work with. You can make some good income if your photography is good and if you are good at selling to consumers.

Cons

Irregular work hours. Work is seasonal in some parts of the country. Stress from straight commission sales. You sell your own photography. The higher your sales average the more hours you are given to work. Sometimes there is a lot of travel, setting up and taking down of portrait studio equipment.

Provide better training, especially for those having difficulty with photography or sales. Provide income structures and work schedules that are more consistent, especially in areas where work is more seasonal.

Terrible management, cuts in pay/furloughs run rampant!

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Dallas, TX

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Manage your own schedule. ESOP, but I doubt I'll get any money from it.

Cons

Management who has never done the job giving their employees unreasonable goals. I started at a $45K salary which was down to $35K when I left 10 years later. Heaven forbid you want to take a vacation - I got tons of grief for taking one in six years, from a manager who takes three to four vacations a year. Bonus structure is only set up for certain employees - if you aren't on the list, you'll never get one. I had to take a part-time job just to pay my bills - this with a college degree and many years of experience with a competitor company. My manager offered no support, no training, and no help, but lots of pain - I often left meetings in tears because he was so mean and rude. Sales goals are extremely unreasonable - as a salesperson, you are urged to grab the "low-hanging fruit" which nets little income, takes a lot of time to service and causes a lot of pain when they can't pay the bills. No room for growth or promotions within the company - if they cut good employees pay, how can you grow as an employee? No benefits, other than the ESOP - even the health insurance leaves much to be desired.

Get out of the glass tower. Meet some of the "little people."

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch