Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

loved the job, hated the management.

Former Employee - School/Studio Photographer
Former Employee - School/Studio Photographer

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

working with kids and families, getting to do what I love (photography). Loved my coworkers and the opportunity to move relatively quickly up the company.

Cons

the pay wasn't all that great, my management sucked, and the compensation for traveling all over the state was barely anything.

stop trying to be best friends with your employees. playing favorites doesn't get you, or anyone else anywhere. before hiring a manager, make sure they can be firm enough to give constructive criticism and helpful feedback.

375 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Constant change but nothing improves.

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Because you work with school systems, you will typically get the same Holidays that a school gets. Unfortunately, you don't get paid for these days, so it is a double edged sword. I learned a lot about photography.

Cons

Inconsistent work, seasonal layoffs, low pay, must use your own vehicle and are not compensated nearly enough to account for wear and tear, gas, tires, maintenance, vehicle depreciation etc.. Very early hours, long hours without eating or breaks.

Great job!

Current Employee - Photographer & Sales Associate
    Current Employee - Photographer & Sales Associate

I have been working at Lifetouch part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun work environment; Get to work with children; Get to use creativity for 99% of the job

Cons

Some corporate policies could be changed; some managers play favorites; Marketing needs to CHANGE COUPONS - stop giving away free sheets, they should make it "buy one sheet, get one free" - otherwise people come in for appointments and use their coupon, order one sheet, and walk out without paying anything, then the studio employees get in trouble for not having a good sales average

CHANGE COUPONS - instead of having a coupon that gives away free sheets, make it "buy one sheet, get one free". That way it is still possible for studio employees to maintain a decent sales average.
    Corporate needs to stop holding studio managers and employees accountable for guests not booking appointments or showing up for their appointment. Also,

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch