There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

loved the job, hated the management.

Former Employee - School/Studio Photographer
Former Employee - School/Studio Photographer

I worked at Lifetouch full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

working with kids and families, getting to do what I love (photography). Loved my coworkers and the opportunity to move relatively quickly up the company.

Cons

the pay wasn't all that great, my management sucked, and the compensation for traveling all over the state was barely anything.

stop trying to be best friends with your employees. playing favorites doesn't get you, or anyone else anywhere. before hiring a manager, make sure they can be firm enough to give constructive criticism and helpful feedback.

327 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Constant change but nothing improves.

Former Employee - Operations Manager
    Former Employee - Operations Manager

I worked at Lifetouch full-time for more than a year

Pros

Because you work with school systems, you will typically get the same Holidays that a school gets. Unfortunately, you don't get paid for these days, so it is a double edged sword. I learned a lot about photography.

Cons

Inconsistent work, seasonal layoffs, low pay, must use your own vehicle and are not compensated nearly enough to account for wear and tear, gas, tires, maintenance, vehicle depreciation etc.. Very early hours, long hours without eating or breaks.

Erratic schedule and pay

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoy my customers, they can be a real joy to meet. My co workers for the most part are dedicated, hard working and professional.

Cons

Erratic schedule doesn't fit into a decent work life balance. While most companies have a disconnect between field and corporate this company is a case study on how wide that gulf can grow. While all interviews are advertising and everybody stretches the truth this is just plan false advertising. Being told that part timers can earn 25,000 and up goes beyond the pale. Average sale for all photographers is $20,000. Turnover is high and morale is low. Asked to act professionally while not being treated as one is not a joy. I have always been customer centric but it becomes hard when you are not earning or being treated professionally by the company. ESOP program is touted but I have co workers on snap program and they are having trouble paying their monthly bills. These are not folks living the high life they are just trying to make ends meet. Per diem and mileage compensation are poor, asking folks to find a room and eat on $75/day is unrealistic. No sick pay, no personal days or vacation no matter how long you have been with the company. Sales contests and incentives non existent except for the biannual and annual awards. In fact Chairman's award winner left the company shortly after winning.

Talk to field employees listen to there concerns and take them to heart. Talking amongst yourselves and self serving attitude are not helping the company and especially not helping the people that keep the lights and pay the salaries.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Worked for Lifetouch? Contribute to the Community!