Lifetouch

www.lifetouch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch

Management concerned mostly about money

Current Employee - Photographer & Sales Associate in New York, NY
Current Employee - Photographer & Sales Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to pursue photography as a career, without the hassle of owning your own studio

Cons

compensation is exclusively commission; long hours, a lot of travel for low income; management more concerned with bringing money into the company than with the photographers; work is sporadic; quality of the photography and the photographic instruction is lower than they think it is - same level as mall studio photography

focus more on the photographers, less on the bottom line; treat employees as valuable parts of the business, not as replaceable cogs in a money-generating machine

375 Other Employee Reviews for Lifetouch (View Most Recent)

Inside Sales Lifetouch Preschool Portraits

Former Employee - Inside Sales Lifetouch Preschool Portraits in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Lifetouch full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hours are good M-F never any weekends, Nice corporate office building w/cafeteria

Cons

The job itself sucks, you have to make 100 calls minimum per day. The commission is really low and you make about 1/3 of what the outside sales reps make and you have higher goals than outside sales reps. So you have to sell more but get paid way less compared to outside sales reps. I would not recommend unless you like talking on the phone and getting rejected by people all day long.

If you want to keep employees for this job you have to pay more.

Run ..Dont walk away from this job!

Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Photographer/Sales Specialist

I have been working at Lifetouch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I like that we work independently and that we can take creative portraits.

Cons

Where do I begin? As a photographer/sales specialist we are sent to churches where you don't stand a chance of making money. Sometimes in the ghetto. The marketing rep in my area couldn't care less about our safety or if we make money. The company standard is that we set up at noon when arriving at a church. She will have us set up at ten am with the promise we will get done earlier but that never happens. She also has us start earlier than any other district nation wide on Saturdays. Complaining does no good.
    We have a minimum wage guarantee but wage adjustments are supposedly done quarterly. It is so confusing it is really difficult to know if you ever get minimum wage. The most frustrating thing for me is the company pays us according to our sales average. If we are sent to a poor area and our average drops below 75% we make 12% commission instead of 16%. Now we are not only having a bad day but are further penalized by making less commission. Then to top it off..if we go to a better church within the same week, we have to sell a lot more in order to get our average up to 16%. I am out of here as soon as I find a better job. I am sent hours away from home week after week even though there are many churches in the city where I live.
    Another problem is when you have co-workers who don't keep up. If we pick up extra sits to keep us on schedule it hurts our average. It is very unfair to get paid less for working harder.

Without photographers Lifetouch would not exist. Give us the respect and pay we deserve.
    Make the church consultants more accountable for the churches they enlist.

There are newer employer reviews for Lifetouch