Lighting Science Group

www.lsgc.com
  www.lsgc.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lighting Science Group

Trying to make the big chances in lighting worldwide

Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Satellite Beach, FL
Current Employee - Embedded Software Engineer in Satellite Beach, FL

I have been working at Lighting Science Group full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a great mission: significant energy usage reduction can be achieved by switching from older less efficient technologies to LED lighting. There are some very smart people doing creative things at this company. Things are growing fast and furious. For the most part the employees are very nice and helpful to each other...it's a nice work environment. Also our headquarters is located in Satellite Beach, FL. Did I mention that we are 1 mile from the beach? I am an engineer, and have been extremely busy in the past (80-90 hour weeks with little in the way of breaks) but am currently somewhat slow with required work, and I have been given the latitude to explore other technologies and projects and I am grateful for this. In a more structured company I wouldn't be able to do this.

Cons

Policies and procedures and sloppy and undefined which causes tension...you get the feeling that there is a great deal of unnecessary waste...ordering is sloppy, we buy things we don't need and make things we can't sell and then we find ourselves with millions of dollars in unusable inventory which weighs heavily on the books. After more than 10 years of operations in one form or another, we are still not profitable as of this writing. We are propped up by the investors of Pegasus and Riverwood and others. Riverwood has taken control of the key management positions recently: I hope they know what they are doing and will work in the company's best interests.

Just make it work! We have been hearing that we are going to be profitable "soon" for many years.

17 Other Employee Reviews for Lighting Science Group (View Most Recent)

long hours but we were treated well

Former Employee - Electronics Assembler in Satellite Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Electronics Assembler in Satellite Beach, FL

I worked at Lighting Science Group

Pros

the crews were great to work with

Cons

Long hours and they didn't bother to tell us they lied to us about keeping our jobs when they built the Mexican plant.

Dont' lie to your employees

Growth Opportunity

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Satellite Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Satellite Beach, FL

I have been working at Lighting Science Group

Pros

A growing Company that has awesome opportunity for growth

Cons

Growing pains are associated with a company growing at this rate

There are newer employer reviews for Lighting Science Group