Reorganisation = increased middle management and loss of company cohesion!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Basingstoke, England (UK)
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Basingstoke, England (UK)

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

- Good work/life balance (unless there's a deadline to meet, then expect to work until the small hours!)
- Good location on M3 corridor
- Some benefits are competitive, such as final salary pension

Cons

- Salary benchmarking is poor
- Career progression is slow and based on who you know, not what you know
- Performance management process is protracted and does not accurately reflect an individual's merits
- US centric organisation at the Global level
- Reorganisation of the company has led to even further resource erosion at the lower levels, but an increase in middle management
- Company unstable: a further 10% to be slashed from permanent employee numbers, yet the number of contractors continues to rise

Promote the most talented, not the most popular (oh, and mandate fewer e-mails and meetings so more actual work can be achieved!)

Other Reviews for Lilly UK

Good place to work but no longer stands out in a crowd

Current Employee - Operation Technician  in  Liverpool, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Operation Technician in Liverpool, England (UK)

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

I work shift and receive long days off. I work 2 days 2 nights and get 6 days off.

There are opportunities to work on projects i.e. coming off shift and working with a team of people. To see a project through to its completion is satisfying knowing all the hard work you put in.

The pension and benefits scheme is one of the best I have ever seen. it is non contributory. You may also make contributions in the form of SPECS which is taken from salaries there fore not taxed.

Cons

You can do the same job as someone else but don’t receive the same pay. Unfair pay scales based on time served and not knowledge.

I am told that it would take 10 years of doing the same job before I receive the same rate of pay as my colleagues.

I often feel beaten down if I am trying to hard in work, as if people want me to sit back and not work above the line as they call it

Show gratitude when someone has done a good job, however it is done sometimes

Evolution is the key

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Lilly UK

Pros

These people really do care. Every year they focus on ensuring the employees know their objectives, understand them, have a development plan, don't get too frustrated... The effort spent on people is huge (if not talking about salaries or bonuses).

Cons

Objectives cannot be met just because is "nice working here", so management have realised they have to change the way they operate. Innovation and risk taking may be the key, but you have to be prepared, and you have to be bold and brave. Current management got to their positions developing other competencies not related to bravery... so Lilly ends up being a company focused in change, but not daring to do it!

Stop talking about change and innovations and do it!

There are newer employer reviews for Lilly UK.

Worked for Lilly UK? Contribute to the Community!