There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Fantastic company to work for!

Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Director in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Extremely flexible hours (depending on department) Free food/snacks from the world famous Limelight Deli Your fellow employees will consist of an immense brain-trust of talent including some of the nation's top notch engineers, programmers, managers and technicians.

Cons

Some of the departments have mandatory 10 hours shift, but they are 4 x 10's Some departments have mandatory 12 hour shifts but they are 4/3, 3/4 day structures by week.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and pushing Limelight forward to the future!!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Innovative technology, motivated and creative people make it a good place to work.

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company values innovation and improvements. It's a small enough place to have an impact on the business and our products and services. The people are generally great, collaborative, motivated.

Cons

The benefits are just ok. They really need to provide better vacation benefits and incentive pay to be competitive. The Bay Area is a lot more competitive than Tempe.

Advice to Management

Consider employee retention one of your high priorities!

2. Fast Growing, Great Environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Seattle office is the only place I've worked where everyone is uniformly brilliant AND where no one is a huge egomaniac about it. Suggestions are considered, and all questions are patiently answered. Free snacks and drinks. A box of fresh fruit is delivered every Monday! Developers are encouraged to take ownership of services, and take pride in their work. Hours are incredibly flexible, so long as work is getting done. Seattle office is in a great location, within a few blocks of bus tunnels, Pioneer Square, and Pike Place Market.

Cons

Occasional bureaucratic or inter-departmental drama, but managers tend to shield developers from the brunt of it. Okay benefits. Instead of buying me a bus pas, they give me access to some 3rd party website where I can divert money to buy one tax-exempt.