Great Work environment

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an excellent work environment and definitely challenging. Although I have been here a short time, I see management is definitely very proactive about keeping customers happy and takes every customer issue very seriously.

Cons

Better integration between the newly acquired companies would help.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Generally a good working environment, but the company is trying to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Free food/drinks, casual work environment, nice office space, many talented individuals, afforded individual freedom. Good benefits package and competitive compensation (there is an opportunity for RSUs). While the company has much maturing to do, they seem to slowly be making progress in the areas of process improvement and integration of disparate business units.

Cons

-The company has many talented individual contributors, but relatively weak leadership. I am surprised that there has been virtually no change in the leadership team in recent years given the financial results of the company.
    -The company seems to be constantly chasing the tail of competitors and redefining itself.
    -Innovation seems to happen despite the focus on day-to-day operations as opposed to having people focused on innovation and research as a primary function.
    -The executive team is rarely seen. On a positive note, they are heard from and do share information on a regular basis. I feel like they are missing a big part of the picture because of the lack of interaction with the 'common folk'.

Advice to Management

As much as I dislike micromanagers, the senior leadership team should spend more time interacting with individual contributors. How about a few working teams on some hot topic areas or a brown bag lunch with a few departments? I would also like to see the employees have the same rules on compensation as the executives (ex: if executive RSUs partially vest immediately, so should all other employees).

Great place to work, excellent opportunity and smart people

Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Limelight balances the best of both worlds. My background is primarily in young startups - with all that it entails - commitment to changing a market, bringing new products to market, ability to be flexible to changing market dynamics and customer requests. And even though Limelight is a public company, it encompasses all of that. But it's balanced by the fact that it's a small public company with almost 2K customers around the globe, where you don't wonder on a weekly basis if your Series A money is going to run out.

The career opportunity within the company is your's to make - if you are a top performer, opportunities, new and interesting projects get thrown your way. No one has ever said no to me when I have wanted to be involved in something. Add to it that the fact that I work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and it's a great place to work.

Cons

Both the company and the market is at a pivot point of change and with that requires some very intense periods of work. While I work late hours, sometimes on weekends, and am always "on", the flip side is that no one has ever though twice if I have to leave earlier for a PTA meeting or a little league game. The executive managers that I have worked with have consistently been good at supporting a work/life balance.

Advice to Management

The regular company meetings are nice - but would be great to do have more informal get togethers with executive management so there can be more dialogue that is hard to do on via WebEx.