Limelight Networks

www.limelight.com

Great place to work, excellent opportunity and smart people

Director, Product Marketing (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsLimelight balances the best of both worlds. My background is primarily in young startups - with all that it entails - commitment to changing a market, bringing new products to market, ability to be flexible to changing market dynamics and customer requests. And even though Limelight is a public company, it encompasses all of that. But it's balanced by the fact that it's a small public company with almost 2K customers around the globe, where you don't wonder on a weekly basis if your Series A money is going to run out.

The career opportunity within the company is your's to make - if you are a top performer, opportunities, new and interesting projects get thrown your way. No one has ever said no to me when I have wanted to be involved in something. Add to it that the fact that I work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and it's a great place to work.

ConsBoth the company and the market is at a pivot point of change and with that requires some very intense periods of work. While I work late hours, sometimes on weekends, and am always "on", the flip side is that no one has ever though twice if I have to leave earlier for a PTA meeting or a little league game. The executive managers that I have worked with have consistently been good at supporting a work/life balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe regular company meetings are nice - but would be great to do have more informal get togethers with executive management so there can be more dialogue that is hard to do on via WebEx.

Limelight's is a fun and great place to be at

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Culture: The culture at Limelight is AWESOME! There's an overwhelming sense of camaraderie within the team, and I have yet to witness really any finger-pointing… Cons: Collaboration: Since Limelight has several separate groups that work on different products, I don't think Limelight does a stellar job of coordinating work effort. … Advice to Senior Management: Continue to push your vision, and unify the groups, to deliver a great product that can change the industry. Also I would love to have more… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude.

Manager (Current Employee) Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Fun atmosphere telecommute producing technology that the world uses and will… Cons: Dynamic environment, change is always taking place in effort to… Advice to Senior Management: In my opinion, it is better to delay the launch of a product when it is not ready to protect the brand vs. releasing a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Limelight Networks.

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!