Limelight Networks

www.limelight.com
  www.limelight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

My experience at Limelight has been amazing, with so many innovative people with the work hard play hard attitude.

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun atmosphere
telecommute
producing technology that the world uses and will rely on

Cons

Dynamic environment, change is always taking place in effort to improve efficiency.
Top level communication is sometimes vague.

In my opinion, it is better to delay the launch of a product when it is not ready to protect the brand vs. releasing a product to meet a date requirement.

Something like:

Customers would rather have a house with doors a month late, rather than getting a house with no doors on the scheduled delivery date.

138 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

Best job I've had

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The culture of the Seattle office is second to none. Everyone's working together to make great products. We have almost no conflict between engineering, management, product and sales.

You might not believe this, but as a software team, we get to spend the time we need to deliver high quality, maintainable software, rather than rushed, buggy crap. Both product management and sales respect the engineering team's recommendations and only occasionally oversell / overcommit.

Cons

Some of the company policies coming from HQ can introduce unnecessary overhead around things like machine acquisition and deployments, but even this is kept in check by excellent management.

Continue growing toward the more agile, less process driven ways of doing things. Follow the lead of the Seattle office to develop a collaborative, trust-based environment throughout the entire company.

Great environment to be creative and grow your skill-set!

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

There are many technologies in place so there are always opportunities to learn new things. The management staff is encouraging and always willing to listen to suggestions for improvement. The environment is casual and very conducive to creativity. Even though the company is always growing it still has a small company feel with great teamwork visible everywhere.

Cons

It is a smaller company so opportunities for promotions occur less frequently than at some larger companies. Management seems to have the "it's not what you know but who you know" attitude towards some purchases and hiring decisions.

Encourage more interaction between groups surrounding evaluation, purchasing and implementation of software / solutions, possibly create a steering committee. Sometimes purchasing decisions are made in a silo so things are put into production without feedback from other groups that are affected.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks