Limelight Networks

www.limelight.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Very good place to work, glad I landed here.

Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Solutions Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The technology is fairly unique. There aren't a lot of competitors in the CDN or video delivery world, and they've carved out a good area of business. There's a smaller company feel to the environment, with casual dress code, lots of little perks (excellent benefits, plenty of vacation time, telework opps, free onsite deli in the Tempe HQ and lots of snacks in the other offices). Most of management is fairly engaged and in touch with needs, and crew is fairly knowledgable. Bosses are very proactive when it comes to finding and acknowledging team's ongoing projects and challenges. Salaries are fairly competitive. Laid-back office allows people the chance to unwind with games, pool table, etc. Very interested in providing you what you need, equipment-wise, to succeed, and do not balk at equipment or reimbursement for travel costs, unlike other organizations I have worked for. I enjoy working here and have even referred a handful of friends and former colleagues. I've even had a couple of nibbles for a bit more money since starting and have turned them down based on what I have in hand here. It's not perfect (where is, I'd ask), but it's good enough to make it a coveted place to work in my book.

Cons

You will work fairly hard for your salary, and in some cases the company needs to hire/train more resources to cover certain project areas which frequently come up, rather than heavily exploit a few resources that are already spread thin over other areas (on-call rotations are a sore subject sometimes because of this). Merging of several different companies has resulted in a slightly fragmented culture that hasn't quite unified yet; this is especially apparent in relationships between certain departments at times (i.e. technical and sales). Because of the acquisition history, some platforms are bleeding edge while others depend on legacy technology, which translates to a weird mishmash.Training is way behind the curve, with minimal documentation and an onboarding process that can easily take months. Sometimes, management doesn't always know what exactly is happening with their teams/projects, although they do take care to try and stay on top of developments. Salary is good, but some larger companies with similar roles can afford to do better by between 20-30% typically. Finally, because it is a smaller IT niche, not all skills learned here will necessarily benefit you down the road if you're looking for a place that will act as a rung in your ladder of career advancement and learning.

Hire a few more people, create a bit more transparency and employee communication, and talk more with your people about needs, growth, and career path.

144 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

The best place I have ever worked, great people all the way from the top of the "food chain" to the bottom.

Current Employee - Deli Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Deli Associate in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great hours, nice people, comfortable work atmosphere, great benefits. I have only been here for just over three weeks and can already tell that this is the last place that I will be working!

Cons

I have yet to find a downside to working at Limelight Networks.

The only advice that I would have is to change the new hire orientation. It seemed to be geared all towards sales new hires.

At Limelight I have found a happy, strong, and passionate company where I feel valued,supported and proud to work in.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Infections passion for what we do, strong sense of community, great benefits, awesome team

Cons

Some people may have jobs only because of who they know.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks