Limelight Networks

www.limelight.com
  www.limelight.com
There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Generally a good working environment, but the company is trying to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ
Current Employee - Project Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time

Pros

Free food/drinks, casual work environment, nice office space, many talented individuals, afforded individual freedom. Good benefits package and competitive compensation (there is an opportunity for RSUs). While the company has much maturing to do, they seem to slowly be making progress in the areas of process improvement and integration of disparate business units.

Cons

-The company has many talented individual contributors, but relatively weak leadership. I am surprised that there has been virtually no change in the leadership team in recent years given the financial results of the company.
-The company seems to be constantly chasing the tail of competitors and redefining itself.
-Innovation seems to happen despite the focus on day-to-day operations as opposed to having people focused on innovation and research as a primary function.
-The executive team is rarely seen. On a positive note, they are heard from and do share information on a regular basis. I feel like they are missing a big part of the picture because of the lack of interaction with the 'common folk'.

As much as I dislike micromanagers, the senior leadership team should spend more time interacting with individual contributors. How about a few working teams on some hot topic areas or a brown bag lunch with a few departments? I would also like to see the employees have the same rules on compensation as the executives (ex: if executive RSUs partially vest immediately, so should all other employees).

138 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

Fast Growing, Great Environment

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Seattle office is the only place I've worked where everyone is uniformly brilliant AND where no one is a huge egomaniac about it. Suggestions are considered, and all questions are patiently answered.
    Free snacks and drinks. A box of fresh fruit is delivered every Monday!
    Developers are encouraged to take ownership of services, and take pride in their work.
    Hours are incredibly flexible, so long as work is getting done.
    Seattle office is in a great location, within a few blocks of bus tunnels, Pioneer Square, and Pike Place Market.

Cons

Occasional bureaucratic or inter-departmental drama, but managers tend to shield developers from the brunt of it.
    Okay benefits. Instead of buying me a bus pas, they give me access to some 3rd party website where I can divert money to buy one tax-exempt.

Limelight Networks is a great company

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

First of all, this is a great company to work for. I have a voice, people listen, and I work with a great team. I have worked for other software companies in the past, and I would have to say this has been the best experience so far. Everyone here is passionate about our products and very knowledgeable in their role. There are many opportunities for growth and we are constantly looking for new talent.

Cons

I can’t really think of any cons. I like my job. A critique of mine for the company would be that we could use a better method for obtaining needed hardware and software. Currently it is a little tough getting that needed software and hardware without having to contact various people and wait several weeks for the items to arrive. Other than that I really don’t have any complaints.

The management is great here at Limelight Networks. Management makes me feel like a team player.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks