Changing Company values

Former Employee - Operations Engineer  in  Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Operations Engineer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Large company with stable bottom line, at the time of this writing.
- Second largest CDN company in terms of delivery.
- Salary can be negotiated if you are a strong negotiator.
- Work is challenging, exciting technology.

Cons

- More concerned about statistics and bottom line than customer experience or employee retention.
- Constant lawsuit leaves the company somewhat off balance for the future.
- Changing from core delivery to Saas is messy and difficult to support.
- Top company officers are currently leaving the company.

Other Reviews for Limelight Networks

Great Work environment

Current Employee - Manager  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is an excellent work environment and definitely challenging. Although I have been here a short time, I see management is definitely very proactive about keeping customers happy and takes every customer issue very seriously.

Cons

Better integration between the newly acquired companies would help.

Great place to work, excellent opportunity and smart people

Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Director, Product Marketing in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time for more than a year

Pros

Limelight balances the best of both worlds. My background is primarily in young startups - with all that it entails - commitment to changing a market, bringing new products to market, ability to be flexible to changing market dynamics and customer requests. And even though Limelight is a public company, it encompasses all of that. But it's balanced by the fact that it's a small public company with almost 2K customers around the globe, where you don't wonder on a weekly basis if your Series A money is going to run out.

The career opportunity within the company is your's to make - if you are a top performer, opportunities, new and interesting projects get thrown your way. No one has ever said no to me when I have wanted to be involved in something. Add to it that the fact that I work with some of the smartest people in the industry, and it's a great place to work.

Cons

Both the company and the market is at a pivot point of change and with that requires some very intense periods of work. While I work late hours, sometimes on weekends, and am always "on", the flip side is that no one has ever though twice if I have to leave earlier for a PTA meeting or a little league game. The executive managers that I have worked with have consistently been good at supporting a work/life balance.

The regular company meetings are nice - but would be great to do have more informal get togethers with executive management so there can be more dialogue that is hard to do on via WebEx.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks.

Worked for Limelight Networks? Contribute to the Community!