There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Fun place to work, love hate relationship, emotionally draining

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, team outings, really fast Internet at your desk, you will learn a lot about Internet technologies.

Cons

Sales is a terrible place to be in this company. They have driven out every good person they had either because of lack of pay or lack of respect. I've seen people quit on the spot without having another job simply because they couldn't take it anymore (not the stress of the job, but the stress of their manager). They micro manage. There aren't enough technical resources for the sales people, so they are left to fend of themselves. If you're not in the "IN CROWD" you are OUT. They say they promote from within, but when I tried to get other positions I was denied each time. If you're good at what you do you will be stuck in that position forever. You have to threaten to quit to get a raise. Their pay is way under the industry average. They acquired other companies and brought over their sales people and gave them a "VP" title. giving them huge salaries and stock options, meanwhile those of us who were with the company a long time were never given promotions or raises. They give you a bonus of worthless stock options which need to mature for 4 years before you can sell them. Maybe with the new leadership the company can turn around?

Pay the industry average. Your people are your assets and giving them free lunch and a keg of beer once in awhile doesn't pay their mortgage. Let your inside team telecommute a couple days a week, that goes a long way for moral. The "old boys club" there needs to go! It's starting with Lunsford leaving!

131 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

Collectively the smartest set of people that I've worked with

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Limelight team in Seattle is fast-paced and is really good at getting things done.

Cons

Too much process sometimes causing a delay in delivering products.

Great Work environment

Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This is an excellent work environment and definitely challenging. Although I have been here a short time, I see management is definitely very proactive about keeping customers happy and takes every customer issue very seriously.

Cons

Better integration between the newly acquired companies would help.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks