Limelight Networks

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks

Not a lot of direction

Current Employee - Advanced Services Architect in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Advanced Services Architect in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very casual environment. Feel free to drink at your desk or take a San Francisco "smoke break"

Cons

Low pay along with a company that has consistent failed acquisitions. We've lost more money buying bad companies and then selling them a year or two later than most companies strive to make.

Pay your people a living wage and diversify the business. CDN is not sustainable because all it takes is your dumbest competitor to lower their prices and all of a sudden your margin is shot when you try to compete.

140 Other Employee Reviews for Limelight Networks (View Most Recent)

Fast paced technically challenging

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Huge demand for what limelight provides customers
    This is "The Cloud" - developing products here are what enables others to develop in the cloud
    Reasonably competitive salary

Cons

Old school mentality, current sr. management has never developed for Cloud or SaaS distribution
    Very tight on Stock (RSUs) for key employees, C-level grants way out of whack
    Sales function is not performing to plan, too many new sales people that don't know what they are selling

Drive a culture more like Amazon or Netflix or Google, reward the behavior you want emulated
    An under-resourced development function can never catch up so either add resources or change strategy
    Either be in the SaaS business to win or get out of it

Stay away

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Limelight Networks full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free food, nothing more though

Cons

Poorly managed, They keep bringing in management from the east coast that really has no idea about how or what we do. They just hired a new Director of IT. His first move? Cancel all the promotions that were due this month. Nice job. I am actively seeking employment elsewhere.

Stop hiring people from other places that are never here in the office. You cannot run a company by remote control. Now I have to take time from my already busy day to write status reports every other day for a manager that is not here to actually see what we are doing. You are continually trying to get us to vote you as "best employer" in the Phoenix valley without doing anything to earn that title. It's kind of sad actually. Good luck with that.

There are newer employer reviews for Limelight Networks