It's all about shareholders and market share.... employees are just an expense.

Current Employee - Hard to Say Done Several
Current Employee - Hard to Say Done Several

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

It depends on your center and the people you have working with you... how many employees corporate allows at a given center. Your position and your salary/rate which is somewhat dependent on the salary of the person you replaced. It can be ok or it can be horrible. Your Center Manager and even your Area Manager have very little to do with that as suprising as that may sound. It all comes from the top. So as for a pro... there are some pleasant jobs in the company in some areas. But they are the minority unfortunately. I should also say.. dealing with patients in need of Lincare services is also usually pleasant... the most pleasant times of working for Lincare occur when visiting a patient in there home... especially when you were able to provide therapy they needed that made them feel better. Another pro... paychecks come on time and the benefits are decent and I don't "think" Lincare is going bankrupt anytime soon.

Cons

NO communication. lower and even middle managers have very little say in how things are done or how many employees you have to get things done. I particularly feel bad for CM's and CSR's... The job makes no sense... it's like you are in a cumbersome paper chase with various insurance companies and lincare departments all day with middle and upper managers emailing snotty messages questioning why something in your center is so screwed up (on paper) It could and should be MUCH more streamlined. Service Reps and HCS's keep crazy hours at times... but at least they get overtime. Such a wasteful company in so many ways. Oh well... it's all about how things look on paper to shareholders. I stay because I am fortunate enough to hold a position now that doesn't suck as much as most of the others. Things will change for the bad for me someday I'm sure... then I will move on like everyone else does. Lincare is just a rest stop for most employees. (they have some people that have been there multiple years..... but they are mostly retards that have no where else to go..... you know when you are talking to them because they defend utterly stupid policies that some jackass in Clearwater thought up in a drunken stupor. They couldn't roll out a tootsie roll properly.

Like they would care. If you write something bad on that REDICULOUS semi annual employee "satisfaction survey".... they just ASSUME the Center Manager is to blame... then they just put them on an Action Plan and make the problem worse. The measurement of center to area to region on those surveys is SKEWED because. In most of those surveys... the employees are venting problems with corporate operations not knowing they are actually throwing the little CM under the bus. They didn't mean to do that.... but it's just the ridiculous way this company operates.

Other Reviews for Lincare Holdings

Fun job but unstable company

Former Employee - Sales Represnetative
    Former Employee - Sales Represnetative

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

The people in my office were fun and cared about their patients. Great medical benefits. Company has a good training program for sales reps.

Cons

Corporate doesn't care about employees. Employees are stressed, overworked and paid little! Several center managers have walked off the job due to stress and corporate making life impossible. The company will buy out other companies and close centers with no notice, and everyone loses their job!

Your employees work incredibly hard to make YOU successful. Give them credit and stability and loyalty. I know it's "Just business" but when you lay off employees who have worked hard and developed relationships with patients, the company loses credibility. Too bad money is more important than the patients you service!

Leaves something to be desired...

Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist
    Current Employee - Healthcare Specialist

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Flexible, not in an office primarily, quality patient contact and education

Cons

Low reimbursement, low staff, supposedly a mon-fri 8-5 job I am the only rt, and am on call 24/7. On avg work 7am-7-8pm with not so much as a full lunch break. I have put 9000 miles on my car in my two months of employment and I bought a full tank of gas Tuesday morning at 8am and before I could even finish seeing my last patient the next day (Wednesday), I already had to buy another full tank of gas. The measly $565 we get reimbursed per month is the max, and it doesn't even cover my gas. I drove 3500 miles in January, but the most they will pay you is 2000. Not worth the time and aggravation....expect zero family life. My car broke down and had to be towed out of state, but they didn't offer to get me a rental but I was still expected to see patients. Oh and everything is STAT. If you think working for a hospital is bad/exhausting, you have another thing coming

Keep your promises

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings.

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!