Lincare Holdings

www.lincare.com
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

Frustrating experience

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Great teamwork, provided good products and services to our patients.

Cons

Constant struggle to meet lofty goals without local advertising, management often not supportive- all employees under paid and everyone is overworked. Stressful and never good enough even when you did meet expectations.,,

Antiquated marketing strategy for many areas- need local advertising to be competitive because most providers hand patients a list of providers to choose from not sending direct referrals as in the past. If people don't recognize the company name or know what it does then it will never be chosen.

229 Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings (View Most Recent)

Poor communication and different rules for different people: HR functions are left up to managers who have NO TRAINING

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Stability, it is possible to move up but you'll sacrifice your life.

Cons

Upper management is clueless about what's going on in the field. It's time to get out of the glass castle and get your hands dirty again boys, you can't work service reps 60-70 hours per week and expect excellence in service.

You guys are "whipping" your people into submissive employees. Allow them some voices! If employees are the most valuable asset, you have lost sight of the true meaning of "TEAM".

It's all about shareholders and market share.... employees are just an expense.

Current Employee - Hard to Say Done Several
    Current Employee - Hard to Say Done Several

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

It depends on your center and the people you have working with you... how many employees corporate allows at a given center. Your position and your salary/rate which is somewhat dependent on the salary of the person you replaced. It can be ok or it can be horrible. Your Center Manager and even your Area Manager have very little to do with that as suprising as that may sound. It all comes from the top. So as for a pro... there are some pleasant jobs in the company in some areas. But they are the minority unfortunately. I should also say.. dealing with patients in need of Lincare services is also usually pleasant... the most pleasant times of working for Lincare occur when visiting a patient in there home... especially when you were able to provide therapy they needed that made them feel better. Another pro... paychecks come on time and the benefits are decent and I don't "think" Lincare is going bankrupt anytime soon.

Cons

NO communication. lower and even middle managers have very little say in how things are done or how many employees you have to get things done. I particularly feel bad for CM's and CSR's... The job makes no sense... it's like you are in a cumbersome paper chase with various insurance companies and lincare departments all day with middle and upper managers emailing snotty messages questioning why something in your center is so screwed up (on paper) It could and should be MUCH more streamlined. Service Reps and HCS's keep crazy hours at times... but at least they get overtime. Such a wasteful company in so many ways. Oh well... it's all about how things look on paper to shareholders. I stay because I am fortunate enough to hold a position now that doesn't suck as much as most of the others. Things will change for the bad for me someday I'm sure... then I will move on like everyone else does. Lincare is just a rest stop for most employees. (they have some people that have been there multiple years..... but they are mostly retards that have no where else to go..... you know when you are talking to them because they defend utterly stupid policies that some jackass in Clearwater thought up in a drunken stupor. They couldn't roll out a tootsie roll properly.

Like they would care. If you write something bad on that REDICULOUS semi annual employee "satisfaction survey".... they just ASSUME the Center Manager is to blame... then they just put them on an Action Plan and make the problem worse. The measurement of center to area to region on those surveys is SKEWED because. In most of those surveys... the employees are venting problems with corporate operations not knowing they are actually throwing the little CM under the bus. They didn't mean to do that.... but it's just the ridiculous way this company operates.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings