Lincare Holdings

www.lincare.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

Great company for someone without an education, not a lot of opportunities for educated individuals

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

The company does a good job of training it's sales reps. You learn skills that you can take with you to other

Cons

Poor sick pay program, very demanding of salaried individuals. Poor communication between upper and middle management. Poor employee retention rate.

235 Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings (View Most Recent)

Gained experience, but inefficient work environment

Former Employee - Center Manager
    Former Employee - Center Manager

I worked at Lincare Holdings

Pros

We were not micro-managed. I would say that working at Lincare requires mature employees who can complete there duties and make decisions without someone standing over them because most duties are completed out of the office and in the field. There is some freedom throughout the day. Everyone is trained in equipment set-up, FDA compliance in the distribution of a drug, durable medical equipment, hospital discharge, sales, account management, and billing. Its a great job to get out of college if experience is something you want to put on your resume. If you are in sales, its a great way to network. Interaction with customers can improve your customer service skills. They do promote from within and do not require tons of experience to get employed.

Cons

Centers run on a skeleton crew. If you are expecting to take vacation and sick time, think again. It is impossible to get organized. Expect to work 50 plus hours a week. Bonuses are tiny! The pay is little compared to the job expectations. Center Managers are required to Make 30 to 40 sales calls per week, while somehow managing the center and conducting 6 sales and center meetings each week. By managing the center I mean returning emails everyday, Internal FDA audits and Quality Control Unit paperwork everyday, employee evals, sales reports for potential business.
    Bottom Line, It would be impossible to be in 3 places at once. But it is required. So everyone works an uphill battle that they cannot win. I don't know a single employee that left happy. Everyone felt anxious and aged. Some managers were required to ride with 3 sales reps two days per week and make ten sales calls on there own. Maybe the management thought there were 8 days/working week??? It made me sad every Friday when I would listed to Managers tell all kinds of outrageous lies to make upper-management satisfied.
    Also, they work on old and outdated technologies. Computers are old and everyone has to share them. It could take 1/2 hr to pull up email. I always thought Lincare could have spent money improving communication to each employee out in the field. That would have made us a more efficient team. Its impossible to have info locked in your office that you are not allowed to access between the hours of 8 to 5.

Leadership needs to redistrict each center territory. Lobby for more employees where needed and improve flow of info from Center to employees out in the field.

Frustrating experience

I have been working at Lincare Holdings

Pros

Great teamwork, provided good products and services to our patients.

Cons

Constant struggle to meet lofty goals without local advertising, management often not supportive- all employees under paid and everyone is overworked. Stressful and never good enough even when you did meet expectations.,,

Antiquated marketing strategy for many areas- need local advertising to be competitive because most providers hand patients a list of providers to choose from not sending direct referrals as in the past. If people don't recognize the company name or know what it does then it will never be chosen.

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings