There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

Set Up for Failure

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

They will hire you with no experience.

Good stepping stone to better options.

Training is great. QP3 is intense but you learn A LOT!

Cons

Base Pay is well below all competition.

The minimum goals are pretty much unattainable (at least at my center). I do not know any Sales Reps in the company that are hitting their 20 O2 and 15 UDs, let alone the MDINR, PAPs etc....

You are at the mercy of the CSRs. You can sell all day but if they don't process what comes in you get nothing.

Write all of your Sales Calls down during the week and then waste Friday afternoon in offc typing them into an outdated AS400 system.

Management is hit or miss.

Managers are even more likely to lose their job than the Sales Reps.

Turn over is so high that you do not know from day to day who will or will not be in your office.

Rumor also has it that all of the little centers are going to be closed and merged with the larger centers.

Take a look around at all of the competition. You are killing yourselves slowly.

Treat your employees like they deserve to be treated.

Your base pay for Sales Reps is half of everyone else. Your goals are twice that of everyone else and the commission structure is half. Even your gas stipend is ridiculously low.

You want the best employees? Pay them like they are the best employees!

Focus on the top 1st. If there is no leadership then everyone is set up for failure from the start.

I hired into an office with 1 CSR (she started 3 days before me), NO Manager (quit a week before I started), the RT was fired for compliance a few days after I started (that I understand), and 2 Service Techs. The Service guys were amazing but they were out delivering and filling patients so couldn't help too much.
I transferred to another office to be closer to home. They had a manager when I transferred but he had turned in his notice and was gone shortly after I got there. I spent the 1st 4 months with no management and no training other than QP3. How am I supposed to learn how to do my job without a manager?
They did finally hire a new manager for our center and he was awesome. A huge help and what do ya know the numbers went up (still not to your crazy goals though).
Then they merged us with a sister company and his plate was so full that he didn't have time to assist us anymore. In a total of a year of employment I had a manager or area manager ride with me 4 maybe 5 times and a trainer rode with me once.

200 Other Employee Reviews for Lincare Holdings (View Most Recent)

Worst Company Ever

Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist  in  Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Healthcare Specialist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Lincare Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Stock options, 401, lots of benefits

Cons

Company did not pay benefits, stock options, or even give bonuses as promised in writing, and lots more. Back stabbing, stealing and more

Get out while you can.

nothin to write home about

Current Employee - Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Lincare Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

all the ot u want

Cons

DME is on its way down, generally

reassess who u r trusting for input/u might b gettin played/covering for everyone and asking for accountability leads to service issues

There are newer employer reviews for Lincare Holdings

Worked for Lincare Holdings? Contribute to the Community!